Wild wings gas Wild wings gas Wild wings gas Wild wings gas

Thread: Wild wings gas

Default Wild wings gas

Ha anyone else had issues with the gas at Wild wings marina? This is the second time I've had problems with water in my tanks. Just trying to figure out if I have some serious issues with my boat?

Double check the oring or seal on your cap. Not sure where you fill port us. But if in an area exposed to rain and that, if that oring or seal is missing or damaged it could allow water a path in around the cap and threads. I don't dock there but lots of ppl do, I would imagine if they had issue many will be having similar complaints or questions.

Where is your fuel tank breather located? If is located where a wave can and often does break and flow up the side or stern of your boat and get up to or over the vent the water will enter your fuel tank uninhibited and cause problems with water in your fuel. The last boat that I owned before my present boat had the vent on the stern and waves would hit the swim platform and wash up over the fuel tank vent. I got over 2, 2 liter bottles of water out of my tank when I finally figured out what the problem was. It would plug up the fuel water separator filter in less than 2 trips. I put one of those float vents on it and problem solved.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-11-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I filled up there a couple of weeks ago and had no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by eriecaster View Post
    Ha anyone else had issues with the gas at Wild wings marina? This is the second time I've had problems with water in my tanks. Just trying to figure out if I have some serious issues with my boat?

Had a similar thing a couple years back, vent goes out side of boat and waves were sending water into the vent. I found the vent tube was a straight shot to the tank so I added an upward loop in the vent line and then twisted the actual vent so it would be less likely to take in water. Cleaned out the tank completely and have never has an issue since. The upward loop in the vent line is a big save to keep water from running into the tank. In fact I liked the idea so well I did the same thing to my bilge pump discharge hose and I now longer take on water their as well.

I was there in the beginning of April and filled up on the way out of town. Next trip out, The kicker wouldn't start and the main motor ran rough. I had a lot of water in the fuel. I can say that it ran fine the whole time I was there and I dont believe in coincidences.

Thanks for the input guys, next time I am up I will definitely take a look at the vents I know they are right behind the boat by the fuel tank input, The last time I fill the boat up at wild wings was probably late March April timeframe. So as much as I don't like hearing about your misfortune with your fuel that you got in April it does make me feel a little better that I may not have some serious issues with my fuel tanks.