fishing in the rain fishing in the rain fishing in the rain fishing in the rain

Default fishing in the rain

seeing as how the forecast for the weekend looks quite miserable, have you guys and gals had any luck fishing in the rain as long as the wind isn't too crazy? i was thinking of coming up rain or shine but if the bite is off when it rains i will just smoke a pork butt and a enjoy a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel_Deal View Post
    seeing as how the forecast for the weekend looks quite miserable, have you guys and gals had any luck fishing in the rain as long as the wind isn't too crazy? i was thinking of coming up rain or shine but if the bite is off when it rains i will just smoke a pork butt and a enjoy a beer.
    I wouldn't let let rain stop me. Many times with rain comes a Barometric pressure change that will turn on or shut off those fish. The only way you will know is to be there. I've had some great days and some not so great days during these pressure swings. Plus the added bonus to me is, the weather usually thins out the crowd, and that is always a good thing.

Grady

Quote Originally Posted by Gradyfish View Post
    I wouldn't let let rain stop me. Many times with rain comes a Barometric pressure change that will turn on or shut off those fish. The only way you will know is to be there. I've had some great days and some not so great days during these pressure swings. Plus the added bonus to me is, the weather usually thins out the crowd, and that is always a good thing.

Grady
    2 of the best days fishing I ever had were in a steady downpour. The fish don't seem to mind the rain!!

Fishing and may I add,deer hunting is very productive in the rain.Both like the low light that the rain comes with.Heavy rain can make things more miserable due to your ability to keep dry,but a light rain is great to fish in.During the summer when we would get a string of bright,low wind days,we would look for a front with rain and some wind to improve the fishing.We caught 10 walleye Thursday on a rainy day trolling bandits off Catawba.Fished in 18- 25 fow and best leads 75 and 85.Best colors I b frozen and purple.