Cormorants Cormorants Cormorants Cormorants
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cormorants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cormorants

I was fishing just east of middle harbor Sunday morning and encountered a flock of more than 1000 cormorants. These are birds that probably eat their weight of small fish each week and I got to wondering what type of fish they catch. Young walleyes? Be interesting to find out. If so I would question whether they should get the total protection they currently enjoy. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

They definitely need thinned out..

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I watched a string of em that went by for at least 15 mins. Was fishing last weekend by rattlesnake and they came by for over 20 mins. Gotta be thousands of them up there. They have about killed all vegetation on west sister with their poop.

Post Thanks / Like

They eat everything that swims. Look at Middle Island. It's almost defoliated. They are a huge nuisance. They thinned them out a couple of years ago. Need to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they were responsible for small mouth decline years ago. what can be done? Open season?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

see them sitting on the lake by thousands ran boat through them took movie with old camera it was cool they let dnr shoot them on the island years ago need to have a controlled hunt to thin them out i was told they eat there weight in fish daily and dive 30 ft i hope they leave all the small walleye alone