Was headed over to the rattlesnake/green island area when I happened on a small pack of boats (Looked like we were directly east of the Perry Monument on S. Bass). Slowed down and checked my sonar, saw some fish, but also saw several boats in the pack pulling in fish, so I slipped in among them and dropped anchor at exactly 28 feet of water. The wind was still up just a bit and the boats around me were doing pretty good, so I was feeling good about the site. I myself caught only smaller perch (7 inch and under) while the wind was blowing. But, as soon as the wind died down, and the waves started to lay down a bit (a little after noon), the bite was on. I was lucky I was using a live well, soon had it full of 8-10 inch fish and was headed back to the ramp. I ended the day with 7 perch that were 10+ inches (but none made 11), 12 at 9-10 inches, and the rest of my catch made up of 8 inch (and 2 7 inchers hooked too deep to survive). I only caught a few white perch, and no other junk fish. I could have been done a lot sooner, but I started throwing back 8 inch perch in order to get a few more bigger fish. While I didn't catch any, there were 3 keeper walleye also caught in our small pack. I was using one of those crappie style spreaders and each of the 3 hooks had 3 orange beads and a very tiny yellow blade above the shank. I got my shiners at the bait shop across the corner from Cheese Haven (Think it is Rickards?) They were on the small side, but 2 scoops had one heck of a lot of them. I started fishing at about 11:00 am, and was headed back to the dock at about 3:00. Just before I pulled anchor, I turned on my GPS. It showed I was 5.7 miles due north of Mazurick launch ramps. Wish I had taken my boards and heavier rods, I'd have started trolling around the group to see if the walleye were as active as they seemed to be. Afraid I can't give you the weight of the fish, I clean them myself.