Navigation Rules Navigation Rules Navigation Rules Navigation Rules

Default Navigation Rules

All of the things that Capt Juls has addressed in this thread http://community.walleye.com/showthr...eek-of-fishing can be found in these rules.

http://navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=navRulesContent

Pay particular attention to the materials provided in this link that can be found within the above link! Specifically (Part A General ~~~Rule 3 - General Definitions) and (Part B Steering and Sailing Rules).

http://navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=navRulesContent

As you can see even common sense has been addressed.

I took offense and will continue to take offense with and about anyone who just shrugs off these Rules, that person either does not care or will not be bound by some sort of uniform procedures where all vessles are to be operated under the same guidelines. The first thing that comes to mind is everyones saftey, the second thing that comes to mind is do these people also drive their cars and trucks the same way without due regard for saftey on our state and county roads, the third thing that comes to mind is if these people disregard the navigational rules so easily and just do as they please do they also disregard the ODNR Fishing and Hunting Regulations as it pertains to Closed seasons, Creel limits and Bag limits? Do these people live their whole life in the bubble of [it's my way or the hy-way] (quote of Patrick Swayzey~~ Road House )philosophy on life?

It does not set a very good example for those who witness their behavior. Those that do this sort of thing like to complain that this guy or that guy is a jerk for no other reason than the person they are perceiving to be a jerk was simply following the laws and rules as they are written. The same laws and rules that are supposed to apply to everyone and obviously ignored by certain members of the general population.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-31-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Great post Wakina . With no license requirements for watercraft , very few know the "Rules of the Road" for boating . Will also say , as a Charter Captain myself , very few Captains follow them when it comes to trolling . Many will not veer of course of their GPS when they are catching fish unless its for another charter boat . Many are in the mid set of the "Bigger the Boat , the more the rightaway . I cant tell you how many customers that own boats also think that is the case during conversation on trips . I mention the Rules of the Road and 75% of them have no idea of what that is .

Driving vechicles is a different story as the license is needed and pretty much everyone knows the laws and to many tickets and it is taken away . Needs to be enforcement of some sort on the lake to limit the incidents that happen out there all to often . Have no idea myself as to just how they would do it but with no chance of punishments of any sort out there, nothing will change . Self policing will do nothing as everyone believes they are right as shown in the posting you linked .