emeralds emeralds emeralds emeralds
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: emeralds

Foot of Ontario St. is loaded on the ditch side near the out take pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey eyes View Post
    Foot of Ontario St. is loaded on the ditch side near the out take pipes.
    yeah we dipped a bunch there yesterday
    19' sylvan pro select
    none of that fancy sh*t for us...old skool tatics

foot of ontario still loaded at the ramp/ water is dirty but they are there

what kind of dipping net you guys use and where can I get one thx
    jeff

Quote Originally Posted by milt View Post
    what kind of dipping net you guys use and where can I get one thx
    jeff
    I know a Vietnamese guy named Mar Mar that makes them. I bought two of them from him. One for me and one for my father. Depending the size they are between $50-$75 and well worth it. It will last a lifetime. They are great in the wind and don't come apart like the cheap unbrella nets. I will try to get a picture of it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey eyes View Post
    I know a Vietnamese guy named Mar Mar that makes them. I bought two of them from him. One for me and one for my father. Depending the size they are between $50-$75 and well worth it. It will last a lifetime. They are great in the wind and don't come apart like the cheap unbrella nets. I will try to get a picture of it tonight.
    Is Mar Mar the guy at the foot of Ferry St. that sells the round nets? If so, last year I asked him how much & he said $100! You can buy a lot of minnows for a $100 bucks! I made my own.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Is Mar Mar the guy at the foot of Ferry St. that sells the round nets? If so, last year I asked him how much & he said $100! You can buy a lot of minnows for a $100 bucks! I made my own.
    Yes that's him. I got two for that price! You must have asked him on a bad day! Nice work on making your own lineman49! I tried to make one and it turned in to a disaster! At the bait shop it's $7.50 for 50 minnows. 30-35 minnows if Sy is working. That's 12 dips for $100 at the bait shop. That's two perch trips for three guys. That net paid for it self many times over.

Mikey, for sure on the 12 dips for $100,I guess the net did pay for its self! I knew when they were getting $7.50 for the certified minnows(50) that the price would not go down to what it was before like $3.50 per dip (100+)minnows.

Memphis Net & Twine sells good hoop nets at a decent price. I bought one following someone's recommendation (on here), and I have been very happy with it.

emeralds-goshenhoppen014-jpgemeralds-10213918_is-jpgthe way I did it I picked a old bike rim take all the spokes of the rim now take a ride to ac more or jo ann fabic get yourself some netting and make your own its pretty simple you have to do a little sewing then your done look up on the internt net and copy it cost you less than 20.00 bucks this is the idea there pretty simple yellowpike
    Last edited by yellowpike1; 03-28-2016 at 04:39 PM.