Problem with Super Ski dual planer boards Problem with Super Ski dual planer boards Problem with Super Ski dual planer boards Problem with Super Ski dual planer boards

Default Problem with Super Ski dual planer boards

I just recently purchased a used set of Super Ski dual planer boards made by Prince Mastercraft and tried them out last weekend on Lake Erie, for some reason they ran terrible, we only had about 2 to 3 foot waves and were only able to let out between 30 to 50 feet of line or they would tow way behind the boat and even with that amount of line out there was hardly any pull and the line would slack then tighten every time the boards would ride over a wave and that caused our releases to snap off all the time.
    After looking at plans on how to build planer boards on the internet I noticed the eye bolt to fasten the tow line should be on the side of the board that is shortest at the front end but the eye bolt on my Super Ski boards are fastened to the side that is longest at front end and am wondering if they might have been put together wrong by the original owner.
    I was told Super Ski boards were a top of the line brand so obviously something isn’t right.
    Would appreciate hearing from others that run these boards and also anybody that may have suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Question

Sounds like they were assembled wrong.
    Tow line should be on the board closet to the boat.
    I use folding Cannon plastic boards and they work well almost all the time.
    I have pulled one under water in rough seas and made the mistake of taking boat out of gear. The board flipped over on the way up and took off to the other side of the boat when it came up. Tangled the crap out of everything but made for a good laugh from the crew about my captain skills.