Large Group of Members on the Ice Large Group of Members on the Ice Large Group of Members on the Ice Large Group of Members on the Ice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    To early to say yet.. still waiting on report's..
    Heck I am the one that needs help on the ice.. lol...
    I think the safest ice right now is out of Camp Perry.
    WEST of Catawba, not NW, seems to be pretty locked in.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kwbasshawk View Post
    will be up Fri and will check in with ya Matt , good or bad. Fun will be had!
    I will be up Friday and Saturday. I'm glad to share our fishing status, location, good or bad. Looking forward to it!!

Are quads a good or bad idea tomorrow? Anyone else going up?

Matt 260-350-8587

Default Fri & Sat Catawba

Headed out of Catawba Fri & Sat. Willing to share info. Text me 614-208-7113. Mike

You guys all be careful tomorrow. Calling for SW winds 10-15 tonight and tomorrow.

Friend and I are planning on coming down fri to fish sat and sun will share any info on fish. Also kinda wondering what's going on with ice with all the snow. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Tom

I'm not an expert, nor well seasoned ice fisherman... But Jawbreaker is absolutely right. Be extremely careful if you are going out Friday with that SW wind. Keep an eye and ear out for ice moving... Or just don't go out.

-Matt

was planning on heading down tonight for Saturday and Sunday how far out if any would a safe distance on the lake. Don't know much on how the wind plays a part on big water pm me or just a post would be great was looking at 6 miles out of camp Perry

Hmmm, no reports from the Friday fisherman. Who's tight lipped? The fish, or the fisherman? I won't make it over this weekend anyway. Didn't get the trailer ready yet. Not gonna make a 3 hour trip on cracked tires. I'm chicken with the wind direction anyway. Next weekend. Good luck everybody that gets out.

Know why the tight lips now. Fish lips were tighter than the members. Lol. Thanks to all who were sharing on the mass text and thanks to Matt for coordinating. All I can report are two for the whole day plus a nice perch. Sounds like it was slow all over. Good luck. Travel was better than anticipated and I e cover was 12 inche's plus on the average. We moved 5 times

Default Fri

Fished Fri and Sat and posted results in on the ice forum. Had great day Fri and not so great today. Talked to warden when coming off ice Fri. he told me he had only seen one limit. Shared texts with a lot of you. Really appreciated it. First off it increases safety. Secondly there are always fish biting somewhere. I have had many days where I moved numerous times to find fish. I greatly appreciate any help getting me headed in the right direction. I drive 2.5 hrs to the lake and usually have my sons with me. The more we move the greater the chance for disaster and the less time we have to fish. I am always willing to share info. I know a lot of guys frown on giving exact locations and that's fine, but I feel like these "hot spots" are only going to be hot for a day or two anyway. My advice for anyone going tomorrow, If it rains ( and we need it to ) don't go. It's going to be a mess.