Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Went out Sunday and yesterday, 12-15 miles NNE, "1" Dipseys at a 3 setting back 90' to 123' with homemade Pink Panties willow blade harnesses and homemade Purple single Colorado blade back the same at 2.0 mph. 10 and 9 fish respectively, most in the 24" to 27" range, one Fish Ohio each trip. 72-74 FOW. Very little chatter on the radio but I still tried to share with whomever might be listening. Next trip planned for Friday. See you there....

Thanks for sharing Dr. Ed. It seems like most of the guys that are catching fish are pretty tight lipped on the radio. I will be up Saturday morning, taking a couple of family members out for their 1st time and hope to find some fish. I think I will try to put some perch in the box 1st thing in the morning, then head to deeper water to try for some meaty eyes

B.S. You might want to rethink your approach for Saturday. Weather permitting, you will have better luck attacking the walleye early and the perch later. Perch are not bothered by the ever rising sun. On the other hand, walleye slow down on feeding around 10:00 AM or perhaps later if you are lucky. Also, with an occasional THZ in the afternoon, it is more comforting to know the safety of the marina is much closer if you are in the perch pack rather than having to run in from who knows how many miles out as you are chasing the walleye. Anyway, it is just a thought. Be safe.....

Thanks a bunch Dr Ed . We have not had a lot of success until we read your post about the fish being 12 to 15 miles NE of Geneva. Altho we did not get out until late in the afternoon we did well at that location usind pink panties worm harnesses with dipsies 140 to 180 back on #3 setting.

Went out yesterday. If you read my post on 7/23, everything was the same. Same location, same presentation, same results right down to catching a solo Fish Ohio. I love this lake!

Dr. Ed, I was out yesterday afternoon from 3 pm - 8pm had a couple of nasty storms roll through with hail. Started at the .5/59 worked all the way to the 2.5/59 with only one fish. Turned headed back south by this time a larger strom had brewed up made it back down to the 1.9/59 and headed in. One fish on a dipsy 2 setting 120 back, copper back, mellon.

Unhappy

I was surprised to read your post after I posted on 7/24 to B.S. about the dangers of fishing offshore in the afternoon with impending THZs. I have seen the damage lightning can do to a boat caught in open water and it is too high a price to pay for fish that will still be there tomorrow. With all the tech available today, no one should be caught by surprise by the weather. Again I cannot emphasize enough about being safe. Lake Erie and Mother Nature should always be taken seriously. Personally, I don't want to end up in the obituaries with my name spelled wrong....

I'm not one to chance thunderstorms either, I couldn't agree more. I should clarify the thunderstroms rolled south of us between land and where we were. We headed in before the next set came through that was significantly bigger and we would have been in a dangerous situtation. With all that said, where have you been fishing, you mention miles out but no coord. what gps lines are you on? I run on 68 as well and always am willing to help.

Right now I have no solid coordinates. I run NE or NW out of Geneva until I mark fish, usually between the 58 and the 02N. Then I set up a troll with the wind at 2.0 mph running a line somewhere between the 54 and the 03W and as far north as the 05. Later in the season I have been known to go as far north as the 11 or 12 line with a French/English dictionary at hand. Next trip will be Thursday and/or Friday. Ch.68 or 79.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 07-28-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: additional text

Weather is going to be iffy at best. I may try to go Thursday if the rain holds off. Friday looks good in the morning. Still fishing 12 to 15 miles NE of Geneva with crawler harnesses. Went out yesterday (friday) got a late start 1 pm but still managed to catch 12 walleye. Same place as before. using Pink Panties worm harnesses anywhere from 120 to 170 feet back on # 3 setting #1 dipsies. Marking a tremendous amout of fish. caught 8 in an hour and a half and took 3 hours to catch the rest 4 fish Ohio. Caught one with a tag. If anyone knows about these tags let me know
    Last edited by deadeyedick; 08-02-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: more info