Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Geneva Reports II

Where is everybody? 12 boat trailers in the park this AM on a beautiful day. Is anyone out there catching fish besides me? Some charter captains are filling their display boards with fish before noon. Today was no exception. I launched around 8:00 AM. Went 9 miles NE to the end of a track I ran yesterday to the SE and set up a troll along the same path except I ran in the opposite direction always trolling into the wind. Nice chop with some whitecaps, perfect for walleye. I ran my "0" dipseys with 0 rings at a 3 setting back 200' with homemade hot pink harnesses with silver Colorado blades carrying a stripe of reflective pink tape. Inside I ran "1" dipseys without the 0 rings at a 3 setting back 100' with homemade purple harnesses. All my harnesses have stinger treble hooks and they snag most of the fish. In short, I was done before 10:00 AM. While I was out there, I searched the horizon in all directions and only saw 3 other boats. I'll be in the same area tomorrow and I would be happy to share the space with you. It's a big lake and there are millions of walleye. Ch. 68.

Oh DR. ED, wish I could be out there with ya. My next trip will be more east of the islands, but probably not all the way to Geneva. Huron to V has been good, so once I finish the honey do list i will be up in that area. Maybe I can convince the wife to make a weekend trip more east and then I can come enjoy Bula to Geneva waters. Always heard how good it is over there, just haven't made the haul.

3. Default

My brother and I will Probably fish out of Geneva next Friday and Saturday....

If we do well post a report...

I plan on giving it a shot on Sunday, if the weather holds out. I spent a long day on the lake this past Saturday without much to show for it. I went 9 miles NNW out of Geneva and set up and trolled east, staying in the 71-73 foot of water area.Lots of boats around, all seemed to be having the same results, quiet on the radio and lots of dry nets. I was pulling two #1 dipseys on a 3 setting with the "O-ring" back 85 to 115 feet and 2 others on a 1 setting, back 65 to 85 feet. Both set ups had double bladed worm harnesses and I threw every color I had in the box at them. I finally pulled the plug at 3 in the afternoon when I was directly north of the stacks in Ashtabula in 72 foot of water with only 2 walleye to show for it. At least they were nice ones, 29" and 26" fish. Any body have a good set up for pulling inline sinkers, either straight out the back, or off of church walleye boards? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bullship2 on CH68 Sunday

Had to go out farther today. Same approach as yesterday but things were slower and we only ended up with 10. Still, all in all, not a bad day and I know what I am having for dinner: Walleye Tempura...

Nice job Dr med we fished out of walnut with about the same results walleye are still spread out not sure why

Yesterday I caught 2 Fish Ohio walleye along with others, one on Pink Glass HJ back 200' on wire with a 1.5 oz line line sinker ahead of a 6' lead, the other on my homemade Purple Colorado blade worm harness which also caught 3 other walleye. If I wasn't retired with 6 grandkids to entertain and independently wealthy I might consider building and marketing that harness. It's a winner. Now I'm waiting to read your reports. I know I wasn't on the lake alone so write a few words on how and where you are fishing and I might tell you where the big fish are.

Smile

Today I went out of ashtabula 14.5 miles due north, took awhile to get the right presentation but once on it was a fun day. Used dipseys with pink/purple combo harnesses, along with 3oz and 4oz snap sinkers to get the meat down. Put the snap sinkers on 50' back of the dipseys then let dipsey out another 60-75'. All mono line run, hope it keeps workin, beats crankin 300+ft like I've heard from some....tight lines all

Dr. We did really well for yourselves last weekend out of Walnut. I didn't have them weighed but at least 3 were over 28". I think the biggest one was 29 7/8". We ended up pulling 3 man limit in about 6 hours.
    We started out shallow and picked up a few but quickly switched over to our deep water program. Most big fish came from 50'. Dipsy's 3 setting out 185' and long line downrigger did the most work. We mostly pull harnesses, used all of the 4 dozen crawlers we had.
    We fished the 58' area NW of marina.
    20' Sea Ray

I want to thank you guys for getting back to me. Most of my fish have been taken along the 58 to 00 line north and between the 54 to 59 E/W line. I took 2 really nice fish yesterday on a pink/white double willow blade harness I made the day before back 180' of 12 lb SS line with a 1.5 oz inline sinker followed by 6' of 20 lb mono leader at 2.0 mph. Rain today, fish tomorrow. See you then...