Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sabercuts Guest

head out south from Buffalo by the windmills

chuging iron fisherman Guest

I think u should head down below donnelleys wall and fish the shalows in 10 feet to 5 feet the eyes come in several miles from the open lake to trap and pray on the emeralds all summer long its not unusual for eyes to travel several miles from day time to night to feed at night in the summer from the round house to the fish market wall is a mager mager feeding ground for the eyes all summer long u should start there becouse depth wise it is safest to fish there becouse there is rocks and boulders below the round house and near the ripples on the lower streches of the fish market wall that can be dangerous. if you start about 200 feet down from donnelleys wall and troll straght up towards the lower end of the wall when you get about 40 feet from the wall vear out 40 to 50 feet out from the wall and continue parallel to the wall about 150 feet then turn out lake side and repeat the pass. a floating rapella 150 feet behind the boat with acouple split shot 4 to 5 feet infront of it should give you consistant limit catchesfrom 9 pm til an hour before day light. I know this method works and I hope you try it!!!! plz post back how you did if you tryed it!

Yeah Bethlehem Steel is where the 8 windmills are. It's right adjacent to the south entrance to the harbor.

jersysider Guest

Is there a launch in the area? How deep? Any tips would be helpful...THANKS!

Default Small Boat Harbor

Is there a launch in the area? How deep? Any tips would be helpful...THANKS!
    Yeah, the NFTA small boat harbor on Fuhrman Blvd is 2 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by chuging iron fisherman View Post
    I think u should head down below donnelleys wall and fish the shalows in 10 feet to 5 feet the eyes come in several miles from the open lake to trap and pray on the emeralds all summer long its not unusual for eyes to travel several miles from day time to night to feed at night in the summer from the round house to the fish market wall is a mager mager feeding ground for the eyes all summer long u should start there becouse depth wise it is safest to fish there becouse there is rocks and boulders below the round house and near the ripples on the lower streches of the fish market wall that can be dangerous. if you start about 200 feet down from donnelleys wall and troll straght up towards the lower end of the wall when you get about 40 feet from the wall vear out 40 to 50 feet out from the wall and continue parallel to the wall about 150 feet then turn out lake side and repeat the pass. a floating rapella 150 feet behind the boat with acouple split shot 4 to 5 feet infront of it should give you consistant limit catchesfrom 9 pm til an hour before day light. I know this method works and I hope you try it!!!! plz post back how you did if you tryed it!
    have you fished it lately. they are not there. try that almost every night out. not getting fish. round house? thumbs down. outer break wall is where its at. black/silver. blue/silver. and chartruse perch. youll get yourself in BIG trouble out there if you dont know the water. end of donnlys wall goes from 18ft to 1 ft. in seconds trolling. that an thats the beginning of the rocks after the sand bar. stay in 12- 14fow. safe there.
    Last edited by copo427ss; 08-19-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    Beth Steel ! I heard (1st hand) that they are catching 'eyes by the dozens in 15 fow in front of the steel plant. I was out in 65-70 fow Sat and it was not worth the 2 that I caught battling the winds out of the west.

As soon as the weather lets up I will try the steel plant. (That's almost a good guarantee that the schools will have moved by then). Theory is that with all the rain, the bait are in shallow now and fish are feeding.
    heading to the windmills tonight. gonna troll the slag piles. i will post report in thye am.

well. we trolled the slag piles parrel from shore starting out at the outer edge at 35 ft. and wourking back and forth all the way across the shoal. nothing. no schools. not even a straggler. we covered from 3ft-12ftdown with three rods out. then moved to the mid gap to the north gap, to north north wall and finally donnleys wall. SKUNKED!!! this weather must have pushed them back out to deeper water. only marked a few small schools of baitfish. nothing like before. so the thread continues...... where are the walleye??????

Islander Guest

We went from the departure buoys all the way to Seneca Shoals this evening and did not mark one, no bait fish, no Walleye. Last week the screen was black with them. We made a drift on the way in and got one in the River in 25ft. The wind drove them out somewhere. Hopefully it is better by the weekend.

blk97 Guest

Angry Where are the Walleye?

Went to Dunkirk again, we gotta be nuts. Bent my prop, don`t use the first ramp at Dunkirk, the water is really shallow. Engine over heat, forgot to close intake on out drive.Lost a cannon ball, accidents happen right? I`m thinking i`m a jinx. What do you say? Also did i mention we caught no Walleye . Where are the Walleye?