Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    blk97 Guest

Default Where are the Walleye?

Any body fish Dunkirk lately? if so how did you do?

blk97 Guest

Question Where are the Walleye?

Anybody fish Dunkirk lately? If so did you have any luck? I don`t know where i should go first,Barcelona, Dunkirk,or Sturgeon point. HELP!!!!

jimski2 Guest

Start out at 80 foot of water, Halfway to Dunkirk from the Catt and go west. It's easier to go out of Dunkirk or Barcelona. The fish will be there till the lake temperatures drop to the mid 60's.

Saturday wx permitting I'm gonna troll the int border from the steel plant to past Sturgeon Pt. I'm thinking that the yellows are coming back in. We shall see.

poppinclips Guest

fished that stretch pretty hard today, only managed two, and a couple bonus perch off the riggers.

Screen was pretty scarse.

ratfink Guest

Fished off dunkirk yesterday. 90 fow picked up three and lost a few behind the boat. Could have limited out. Fish seemed to be a little picky, they were down there just not many takers.

chuging iron fisherman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Fished off dunkirk yesterday. 90 fow picked up three and lost a few behind the boat. Could have limited out. Fish seemed to be a little picky, they were down there just not many takers.
    I limited out in 2 hours at brockton shouls but I went out early and didnt have a single one til 11:30 and by 1:30 I had my limit it was weard I never seen them yellows bite like that during the day and the water was flat as glass!!! i just cept circleing my marker bouy after the first yellow straght out from the water tower in 76 to 82 feet of water I went there cuz I saw a charter bring up 1 or 2 in just a few miniutes!

so we've been doing good around buffalo harbor, trolling the outside breakwall at night. but then they just disappear. and i mean we are marking baitfish schools and gamefish(eyes') just below the schools. picking up fish, (we are trolling of course) then on the way back through again everything is gone. now last night we got two right off the bat. one at 845 another at 920. then we couldnt find them or the baitfish. tried out deeper20-30, nothing. are these fish (bait and eyes) moving right up on the breakwall at niight? anyone? it was like dead water on the sonar for hours, so we went in.

Beth Steel ! I heard (1st hand) that they are catching 'eyes by the dozens in 15 fow in front of the steel plant. I was out in 65-70 fow Sat and it was not worth the 2 that I caught battling the winds out of the west.

As soon as the weather lets up I will try the steel plant. (That's almost a good guarantee that the schools will have moved by then). Theory is that with all the rain, the bait are in shallow now and fish are feeding.

jersysider Guest

Default Beth Steel?

Where is Beth Steel? Is there a launch in the area?