perching out of walnut perching out of walnut perching out of walnut perching out of walnut
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Buddy is out now, only has 14. He works in a local baitshop too and said since the Lake flipped recently, the perch are slow, he has only 14 right now and heading in because starting to white cap. But the walleye are on fire. A friend caught over 80 walleye in the tournament and won it. They were tossing walleye back by 9:30am. The walleye are in the same fow as the perch, yesterday 45fow was hot.

Unhappy

Started perching Saturday morning around 7 off of trout run 42 row same place I was Friday only caught 3 all morning nobody was catching any. Please help I never seen it that slow . what happened ??????

Me and my buddies stop perching bout week and me 2 ago. It's all walleye now and it's hot. We won't start perching again till September fully. May take the kids a few times this summer but mainly walleyes. Perch seem to be smaller now when on them. The perch boats off the point aren't lighting them up either, tons of junk fish. My buddy was by u today and had 2 limits of eyes and back in walnut before 9am. Other buddy went off the point and had 3 limits of eyes in an hour.

Nice batch but threads out of walnut. Kind of think your not fishing in the area due to your limits are higher if 300 and 5 guys where PA is 30/person.

Nice catch big Dave u guys are on fire

Seen a lot of trollers out yesterday that's what I should of been doing. I'll b back up in a couple weeks and heading out to the ditch.thx for the post Steve keep them coming

Default Perch out of Walnut

In the past week the Yellow Perch have left the area...Friday was Slow, Sat. was Very slow and Sunday was non-existent. Burned 5-7 gallons each day looking, so was very expensive effort with little results...but that's fishing.
    Trolling for walleye was better but the white bass made that a test of endurance rather than a pleasant expedition.

Cheers, DocWet, (The Right Stuff)

Is this normal with this Time of year didn't start perching till late July last year and we always got on them. As far as trolling for walleye I trolled for a couple hours on Friday with my girlfriend and after getting all the lines out on the boards twice and all I got was silver bass I gave up too much work for one guy. Hopefully get back up after the 4th any help is appreciated

I know its always hot in Connie/Ashtabula for eyes and perch. Around here its tougher it seems. Some days you can be on them and next notta chance. On facebook watch the head boats post there days catch for perch. They've been sporadic as well.
    As for the eyes, they're on fire right now and anywhere from 39-65fow. Like that 25-30 foot range.

Thanks for posting the information guys. First trip in from Central PA, this year. We planned to target perch this weekend, but sounds like we should try 'eyes on first. Thanks again.