Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them! Here's the program for big walleye and lots of them!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Welcome to the site dirty chopper

THANKS! skipper9,I've read a lot of your reports. I posted a Q on another post but I'll ask you? What do you know about wormburner's I know it's a spoon with a leader but how do you make one.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY COPPER View Post
    WHAT"s up first timeon the form. I've been fishing on like erie for 15years now. I've not made a report before,because by the time I get home,I'm sure thebite has changed.I'm repling to MAD MATT'Sreport about sharing information. My buddy and I come up once mabe twice a year for a week. We go the 1st or 2nd week in may. Of late we've been renting a camper at east harbor s.p,not bad! I also live in Athens and know about the 4.5hr.drive. I would like to hear from you MAD MATTand maybe get together,I'm retired now,and have more time and would like to fish more. I check this site every day.
    Hey, Dirty Copper, give me a ring. 740-591-5507 Maybe you know who I am, Athens is kinda small... My Real name is Matt Gaiser

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY COPPER View Post
    THANKS! skipper9,I've read a lot of your reports. I posted a Q on another post but I'll ask you? What do you know about wormburner's I know it's a spoon with a leader but how do you make one.
    Here is a picture of one

There are quite a few different versions of "worm burners" around. After trying many versions, these are the one's I make/use. I should be out there with Sportmampo a few times this year. And you wont hear me talking sports at all.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Fyi. I do not use these worm burners until after the water temp hits around 55 degrees. As a rule of thumb it is hard to catch walleye on a worm until the water temp is somewhere around 55 degrees.. In my humble opinion. .

I'm with Skipper9, except I run both cranks and worms at 53 degree's. There are day's where it can make all the difference. I proved that to "the Migrator" (Dennis) many years ago.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I see skipper 9 uses treble on trailer hook, is that the better option? Grew up on the shore of the western basin. Been fishing it since I can remember. Not really a troller, jigs. And casting, but nothing wrong with it, and always willing to learn more tricks, moved back out here, go out of county ramp, or Meinke west. Run a 19' Crestliner super hawk. My hat is off to skipper 9 for all I've read on here is good stuff. Fishing has changed over the years, so I still consider myself a rookie, good luck to all and be safe, Tim

I would not take your boat up yet. It is not worth sinking it due to a chunk of ice. Everyone is biting at the bit to get out, but is better to be safe. A life is worth more than a fish. The fish will still be there when the ice is gone.

WHAT'S UP! Thanks guys I have seen the ones skipper 9 show, but the ones ebijack showed were the ones Ihad Q's about. Most had the treble hooks. I was also looking to see if you used wire mono. Over the years I have learned how to tie a mean wormharness Thanks again for the pic. Good fishing to all