all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Smile all taxi service is cancel for season

Capt mike has cancel all taxi service for rest of season, ice has gone bad in last few hours 2 to 6 inches of water on the ice cracks opening up ice is shaky. Thanks for the great season, see you at our new home channel Grove in may, Capt mike reel sport team 419 265 2736

That sucks. Wanted 1 more trip. Want to say thanks to Capt. Mike for last weekend for letting me follow him out to kinda get a feel for Erie ice fishing for the 1st time. Also getting my 1st eyes thru ice. I'm hooked, but still got a lot of learning to do !

Default no Offense

but who didnt plan on there being a ton of water on the ice with the warm up today ? That alone does not make the ice bad . As far as the cracks , nothing major out there at all in that form . Its late ice and you will have the cracks opening a little .

Was out today and will say it is no more dangerous now then it was this morning . The only thing that changed is the water on the ice that was there a few days ago but froze up Wed. night is back .

With the conflicting reports between your 2 newest post here , I for one would never put my life in your or your sons hands for a trip . The two extreme reports in my opinion say enough about your guys judgement on Lake Erie ice .

Dale

Default ice gone bad

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    Capt mike has cancel all taxi service for rest of season, ice has gone bad in last few hours 2 to 6 inches of water on the ice cracks opening up ice is shaky. Thanks for the great season, see you at our new home channel Grove in may, Capt mike reel sport team 419 265 2736
    16-20" of ice went bad in a few hours?????? It was either bad or at least "iffy" before, and you didn't tell people ,over making a buck?????.....or you are a shyster.......I'll bet on shyster!

Smile ice condittions

We make the desion to cancel in the best intrest of our clients,
    we are a license and insured guide service, and you can ask any of the over 100 people who have call or have fish with us the last few weeks safety is number one or any of the pros who have come down from minesota, wis, and calif. to fish with us if they have any problems with us , I wish all that venture out over weekend the best of luck and be safe. Our hot spot for last two weeks is on top of G can if any one wants this hot spot. Its your personal choice
    if you go out or not, we are just warning everyone.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 03-14-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Default Perry or Magee

Which location and how far out is best?

Default Licensed ??

50.00 to The DNR and anyone can be a licensed ice guide . No testing or anything needed for that .

To start the season , you were looking for a guide to take you out and now you are a guide ?? Thats funny . With the great ice it was a no brainer to get out there safe . Having a quad and a trailer but no experiance on the ice will lead to trouble sooner or later .

Dale

Default to lake erie person

Whats wrong with fishing with other guides with and airboat, its nice to try something different once and a while, everyone can do want they want, we just finsh our service, and yes we are license winter and summer capt. and licensed first mate, .and we run only sleds not quads, as for being on the ice I have been on the lake ice for over 40 years my son over 20 years.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 03-14-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Default Ice

TO the the person that says we are a shyster, i would like to ask you how maney reports you give, how maney people you tell on here where you are fishing what colors etc. I would like to say we allways post our ,location, lures, water conditions, take calls morning to night from people who don't fish with us we we still help them , we help people rig there boats for trolling, we go to fullest extend to help everyone on this site and never
    charge one dime for any of this. we paid all of our license fees,
    insurance cost, coast guard inspection and advertisment and you call us shakey.

Default once again

Keep tooting your own horn Wayne . Glad you help people . When you post two very conflicting reports a few hours apart , it shows you lack knowledge of the ice but just want to make money .

I will say , I to am a Charter Captain and have been for going on my 28th year . I know who you and Mike are . I will also say that you are one of the least respected among many of us for the way you act . Notice I said you , not Mike .

You go to different boards to try to drum up business by giving your reports like you have this past month for ice fishing . Respect is earned not just given. Mike would do better without you as you give him a bad name by being very unethical trying to make money.

Many times you contradict your self on the different boards by trying to drum up business under false reports and you seem not to notice that .

You will always have people that will pay you to take them fishing as they have no boat . But let me tell you , that its a whole different world when parties book you year after year because of the person you are not what you give to them .

Sorry this may sound harsh but it is the truth spoken among many Captains.

Dale