thought you guys might want to hear about how an old fisherman has a big brain fart and still has a good trip.

its 335 miles from home to Geneva ohio. we got there on the 13th and remembered the gps/fishfinder unit was still at home. my son took off sun and got our unit and got back early mon morning. we didn't fish mon but went out tues. we set down way to early and trolled ne and it took a few hrs before we started getting fish. we still ended up with 13 fish between the 3 of us. it was my oldest son and my 10 yr old grandson. the temp was in the mid 90,s and I really got burned before using the sun block. we fished the next couple of days but only fished until noon before the heat drove us off the lake.

we only used lite bite slide divers and didn't do as good as most guys using inline weights and inline boards but we did get enough to keep us happy.

this isn't really a fishing report but I will tell you we went out of Geneva going ne to the 08 x 52 lines. most guys we heard on the radio was getting there fish shallow but we just couldn't get the lite bite slide divers going shallow so we went for the fish on the bottom and it paid off for us. the lite bite divers has a different scale for the side dive than a dipsy. so we guesstamate that a 4.5 on the lite bite is about a 3 on a dipsy and a 3 is like a 2 on a dipsy and a 1.5 is like a 1 on the dipsy. well we got our fish with long leads we ran our 4.5 at 210 to 240 and our 3 at 190 to 200 and our 1.5 at 170. but most of what we heard was 130 to 135 on a 3 setting on dipsy,s. but that just wasn't working for us.

another thing to remember is there was no thermocline set up yet and we were marking a lot of fish on the bottom. once the thermocline sets up the fish wont be on the bottom but will be just above the thermocline and then you'll want to fish shallow. but most of what we heard was inline weights with inline boards. they was just working better than the divers were.

I bought an 85 qt freezer that ran off 12 volt or 120 ac. we filled it with fillets and and then started filling a cooler. so we got enough fish to do us until next yr.
sherman