Walnut Report Walnut Report Walnut Report Walnut Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walnut Report

Default Wallnut Creek Walleye

We are loaded up and leaving at 4am for the creek launch, any advice on direction or depth? Will also be on ch. 68 and new boat name is Reel Overtime, will share info with all just shout at me.

It'll be busy especially since the tournament is today.

Unhappy Empty Box

We finally got the boat out for the first time this year, more a test run then fishing trip. Good news is the boat and all its passengers returned safely – Bad news returned empty handed.
    We left Walnut about 5:00 pm heading west for the Ohio boarder, turned the boat around and trolled with the waves. Marked a few scattered fish here and there but no large schools. We pulled Harnesses, spoons and Reef Runners.
    Rumor at Poor Richards was big fish were taken yesterday (6/22) west of Walnut.
    20' Sea Ray

Default Walnut

After three hour drive, We left walnut creek at 730 on the Reel Overtime and headed west to about elk again, turned east and started to slide, at 58' we made three passes only to catch three walleye, Bare naked, 2oz at 50, than 50-60 and on the board. all fish were high, lost one fighter near the boat. than we went for perch about noon, found 16 that wanted to come home. nice day on the lake.
    Good luck to all.

went out of northeast yesterday evening. Caught 32 jumbos and a ton of gobies that didn't make it back down to the bottom. Oh & 1 Pittsburgh bass

fished Saturday out of walnut for eyes, crushed them and got our 3 man limit. The weather for this week sucks! Ton of fish out there and if it isn't blowing it's raining! I was amazed at the size of the fish, they're very big. I typically can fit over a 3 man limit in my cooler and could only fit 13 in it Saturday. Lost a huge one just feet from the boat, UGH, couldn't even blame the net man on that one, was barely hooked. But the netman was blamed for 4!

Default OMG what a day.

Steve sounds like you have things working for you, great news.

I started Sunday about 6:30 over near the Ohio line, 2 stripe bass was all. Decided at 9:30 to change it up and relocate over to the condo's. Beginning of a very stressful day.
    Boat stalled and wouldn't start, tossed out the anchor to have a look. After 2 hours decided the starter was shot and I needed help. Picked up the cell to call BoatUS, no signal. Worked on the starter another hour, no bringing it back to live. "dead"! Got on the radio to relay a message using a closer boat, nothing - no response. Put out the distress flag, checked my position to make sure I wasn't drifting. Noticed my electronics were shutting down, recorded North / West before going out completely.
    Gave the starter another look, another 2 hours pass. Starting to go into survivor mode, 1/2 bag of trail mix left along with 1/2 bottle of Gatorate.
    I haven't mentioned yet I tried 16 Coast Guard about a dozen times by now. Come to find out later the signal was very weak and broken, CG couldn't hear me. As a last resort I disconnected everything from the batteries but the radio. that did the trick, I could now have conversation with CG. Long story shortened, an Ashtabula CG boat was in the area and towed me to Conneaut. Hate to see this bill.
    So what a Sunday fishing trip! Never did find the Eye's

Hats off to the Coast Guard, top shelf group of people.
    Last edited by skinny5382; 07-01-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    20' Sea Ray

skinny I had that issue 2 years ago when I got my boat. Alternator or something I forget, went dead. Both my batteries died. First the radio, then the fishfinder, as I am looking for what is the cause and turn the boat towards east ave, I was way out past the condos deep, I may went another half mile and boat died. Cell service was non existent. Luckily I was out with a buddy and he was about a mile further away and deeper. One of our calls got thru to him between the 5 of us and he came and towed me in. I can't remember the issue for anything now, but we even tried taking his extra battery and hooking it up to mine and wouldn't work because we were both on the eyes and it was like 7am.

fished yesterday, Saturday 7/6. Got off to a slow start getting to the lake. When hitched up, found out my vehicle's front right tire was flat when about to leave. Long story short and all problems fixed, got to the water about 9, good thing cause walnut was packed! So didn't have to put up with any morons. Got there and dunked it and was off. Few guys sent me texts that it was super slow & they were heading to perch jerk. Fished till 2 and brought home 7 eyes. Lost 4. Can't complain except for the sunburn...

Default Almost ready, AGAIN

My boat is about back in order. New radio/antenna on order, new batteries (starter and deep cycle) in place and of coarse new starter for the engine in place. Should be back on the water next weekend.
    Will post results.
    20' Sea Ray