keeping them alive keeping them alive keeping them alive keeping them alive
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cool deals B-Can ill look into walmart first and give that a try im sure ive seen one there before as well, so you never have a issue with minnows gettign to hot or mush after, with out putting ice in. Ive also been told before to use 16oz bottles "screw tops" and freeze them for that purpose. B-Can may i ask are you from near that area on the lake, i fish that spot a good amount myself.

oh and fyi if your a river fishermen at all i have seen guys in the water there already, no fish seen but soon enough a few will straggle in.

hey Ross sorry i missed your response thanks for that little info didnt think hands would be so bad but had some idea i try not to be hands on in the bucket maybe ill push for that more. i do have all the pump and all just seems nothing ive done worked out but the hands in was probably the biggest deal the way it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe10 View Post
    cool deals B-Can ill look into walmart first and give that a try im sure ive seen one there before as well, so you never have a issue with minnows gettign to hot or mush after, with out putting ice in. Ive also been told before to use 16oz bottles "screw tops" and freeze them for that purpose. B-Can may i ask are you from near that area on the lake, i fish that spot a good amount myself.

oh and fyi if your a river fishermen at all i have seen guys in the water there already, no fish seen but soon enough a few will straggle in.
    I use to fish around B-can quite a bit with my brother-in-law on his dad's boat. I kinda got addicted to the island area last summer and fall though. Gonna try up around rattlesnake quite a bit this year, I think. I'll still be in and out of the B-can area throughout the summer too. I'm from Tiffin (45 minutes south of Port Clinton), so anywhere from West Sister to the Islands is fair game for me.

About the bucket, no problems with hot or mushy. That water stays sooo cold. Russ is going to shoot me for saying this, but the way that I know it is sooo cold is that I haven't gotten a dip net yet. If we are starting to get low on shiners after several hours of fishing, you might have to chase one around in the bucket with your hand. Your hand comes out very very cold. Feels good on hot summer days We quit using ice a long time ago as we had a problem with dead shiners, but then we had a heat problem. Changing water out barely helped and then along came my bucket discovery. Problem solved for us!

I have also heard about freezing bottles and putting them in the water, but have never tried that. No need for it now
    Last edited by B can man; 03-08-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

ok right on B-Can thanks for all your input ill get on the good bucket side asap

good fishing to ya my friend

im from toledo here so im about all over these parts including the river in which the fish are somewhat in i have gotten some report and seen some fish taken during this last week just fyi

21ft bayliner 200 outboard on it name LIL ARCHER see me ever give a yell