Something New Something New Something New Something New

Thread: Something New

Default Something New

I have a or urge to try somethings new at times for sure, but this will be my first as I know it for me . I discovered that Storm introduced a new lure this fall and I had to bite. I just purchaced a few new (?) Storm Smash Shad for spring.
    (cough,cough). I found them interesting and probably a good choice instead of the Shad Raps and the price for sure. Just a note for those who are also interested in them CABELAS HAS THEM FOR 3.99 EACH AT THIS TIME AND THIER COLORS ARE JUST AS SLIM AS USUAL. Some other sites have them at 5.00 and up.

Gene

Post awsome looking lure!!!

As I sit here with this bad ass case of the flu, I looked at those lures, they look great, so I watched a few you tube videos they really have some unique wobbles and shakes and they claim they can be trolled at any speed(I don't think us walleye guys have to worry about them spinning out, like the trout & salmon guy's 2.5-3.0mph) and your right, cabelas has them but very limited on color. I only live about 1&half hours from the cabelas in Hamburg PA. and they don't always have whats in the catalog or all the colors that you guys have in your local shops. There is a big bait shop on RT81 towards New York called Fat Nancy's They will have all the needed colors for us guys that fish the big O. Any way I like the clown looking one and that's one cabelas doe's not carry. Thanks for bringing that lure to our attenion!!! Till next time, be safe at what ever you are doing.PAP

Default Pap

I noticed an email from Cabela's and I should receive them at during the day 1/16. I waiting for them for sure so that I can see the lip to compare it to something I may have to determine a dive curve to start this season with.
    Will keep you informed.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I noticed an email from Cabela's and I should receive them at during the day 1/16. I waiting for them for sure so that I can see the lip to compare it to something I may have to determine a dive curve to start this season with.
    Will keep you informed.

Gene
    I got curious so I ran a search and found this. For what it is worth with the limited information there is a depth chart for how deep they will dive, but nothing else!

http://www.rapala.com/Smash-Shad/Sma...torm-hardbaits

BPS Has them in most colors & sizes, but the price is $5.29.

http://www.basspro.com/STORM-Smash-S...1206121001149/
    Last edited by wakina; 01-16-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Smash shad

I rec'd. the new smash shads and was quite impressed with the colors. I decided to start out with the dive curve for the SR7's and adjust for its size.
    The hot tiger. looks to be a UV paint job or just missed its clear coat, and I maybe, should have opt'd for the next size up froms the 06's I chose. I am not one that has been one to believe that the bigger the better. or the larger bait the bigger the fish.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I rec'd. the new smash shads and was quite impressed with the colors. I decided to start out with the dive curve for the SR7's and adjust for its size.
    The hot tiger. looks to be a UV paint job or just missed its clear coat, and I maybe, should have opt'd for the next size up froms the 06's I chose. I am not one that has been one to believe that the bigger the better. or the larger bait the bigger the fish.

Gene
    If size mattered then the J-7 Rapala would not be the great walleye catcher that it is. The eyes sure smash them they will probably eat those new Smash Shads also. I believe Rapala bought out storm several years ago, and I think they are both part of the Brunswick Group/Corp. Several of the Smash Shads are advertised as UV coated.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip