Walleye Walleye Walleye Walleye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye

mothermoose Guest

Default Walleye

Fished North East Sunday. Launched Boat At 9:00am
    Set Up West Of Freeport And Trolled Down Past The Point And Ran Into A Pile Of Garbage Sticks,logs,seaweed You Name It. Turned Around And Made 5 Passes Between The Garbage And Freeport. Maxed Out 18 Eyes Running 4 Rods 7 Hours. Worm Harness On Mini DipsY Set On 3 80-90ft. Of 20lb Super Braid Line Out And Church Inline Planner Boards Running Out 60ft. And 120ft. Fish Averaged 5-6lbs. Charteuse And Chrome Blades Was The Color.

Beware!!!!!!

State Cop Was At The Marina All Day Writing Tickets. Trailers Must Be Inspected And All Axles Must Have Brakes. I Got Fined For No Inspection.

I Fished North East Last Year Around 12 Times And Fish Commision Checked Me Out 3 Times, Coast Gaurd Once. This Year 2 Trips, Fish Commision One Time And The State Police This Time.

I Am A Little Slow But I Got The Hint. They Don't Want Me There. I Will Drive 10 More Miles And Fish Walnut. I Have Never Been Checked There And Fish There 30 Times A Year And Fishing Is Better .

All White Trash Boaters That Don't Have A New $100,000 Yaht Stay Away Or You Will Be Harassed.

Default moose

walnut is much better place to fish we went out there last friday and got four nice eyes 20 to 25 " and any where from 2 to 4.5 lbs . hope to get up again and get more next time learned somethings from someone on here that is bull sh_ _ that they fine you for no brakes were you in pa fishing or new york

According to NYS DMV, trailers 1000 # or less (unloaded) do not require brakes. For trailers > 1000# (unladen) and over 3000 # GVW, brakes are required.

Where is Walnut ? I never heard of it. I usually fish from Bflo harbor to Evans Bar. Motor still in the shop. Should be ready Weds this week. Can't wait !

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    According to NYS DMV, trailers 1000 # or less (unloaded) do not require brakes. For trailers > 1000# (unladen) and over 3000 # GVW, brakes are required.

Where is Walnut ? I never heard of it. I usually fish from Bflo harbor to Evans Bar. Motor still in the shop. Should be ready Weds this week. Can't wait !
    WALNUT IS OUT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ERIE ON THE WEST END FAIRVIEW EXIT

Default Undersized yellows

Yesterday the lake was flat as a mirror except for some swells about a foot high, left over from the winds.

Do sheephead run in schools ? I caught 3 big ones and while they are fun to bring in, I hate them. I got 2 undersized walleyes fishing about 5 miles out off the south harbor entrance (in fron t of Beth Steel). Still wondering where the big fish are !

echo0449 Guest

Default Where is Walnut

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    walnut is much better place to fish we went out there last friday and got four nice eyes 20 to 25 " and any where from 2 to 4.5 lbs . hope to get up again and get more next time learned somethings from someone on here that is bull sh_ _ that they fine you for no brakes were you in pa fishing or new york
    Where is Walnut in relationship to Buffalo, I fish from Buffalo to Dunkirk

Default walnut

it west out 90 off of fairveiw exit go to 5 and head back east cant tell how far but watch for signs for walnut creek

Don B Guest

MM:

Bad deal. I feel for you. I was about 6 miles out or so there last August and got a 90 some dollar fine for having 3 rods in the water(I was setting up the 4th one, and didn't notice them approaching me from the distance!) fishing by myself.

The Pa F&B com was watching me with binoculars from their boat I guess. They also boarded me and did a VERY thorough boat inspection out there too, right down to the date on my fire extinguisher!

I don't really see what it matters, miles from shore, with no one around for miles, whether I catch 5 walleyes with 2 rods or 10 rods. That rule was made years ago for bank fisherman taking up 50 yards of shoreline.

Minor technicalities of the rules will cost you.

I was also fishing out of NE at that time.

At least the criminals aren't jacking guys trucks & trailers out of the lot while they're out on the lake fishing, like they're doing in some places in Ohio.

shotgun Guest

i went out to the white light house on erie buffalo harbor area.

and fished the north end of thewall and caught, 3 one @ 28 inchs and 2 @ 15.

How much did the 28" weigh ? Also I caught 2 under 15" and I wonder if these are from the 2006 class.