Turnaround buoy Lake Erie Web Cam Turnaround buoy Lake Erie Web Cam Turnaround buoy Lake Erie Web Cam Turnaround buoy Lake Erie Web Cam

Default Turnaround buoy Lake Erie Web Cam

this is the site I use to check on the condition of the lake on the western basin--current and updated on the hour

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/metdata/tol2/

Default Wind speed vs photos?

Quote Originally Posted by mam1208 View Post
    this is the site I use to check on the condition of the lake on the western basin--current and updated on the hour

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/metdata/tol2/
    I use that site too. Sort of puzzling though today. Plot of winds shows they have been blowing at the cam 20 plus knots with some gusts 25-30 knots early this morning and then picked up to that again late this afternoon. Yet if you look at those pictures for that time period, you don't see any whitecaps? I would expect with those winds, some pretty healthy waves, and plenty of breaking off at the tops? Normally wouldn't be out in those winds to anchor for perch, but the photos show the lake not too bad?

Unless I am using the wrong conversion for the time of the photos - the photos are GMT time and the conversion factor for eastern daylight is GMT-4 equals Eastern Daylight time? Anyone out in west end today...what was it like?

The camera is pointed in a southeast direction, therefore you will not see the whitecaps when the wind is blowing south. I went out yesterday with a 14 knot wind out of the southwest and the picture on the lake looked good--went out passed the intake and I was in 3-4 fters with alot of whitcaps and some swells

Default East of C- can

We decided to go out today and give it a try....was a little rough going out but started fishing and caught our first fish at 11;45 and kept us busy till 1:30....not real big but decent perch and only 3 trash but we noticed the storm cloud over towards the west but decided to keep fishing to get our limit. We only needed 4 more than it started getting rough and the wind picked up and it turned colder.....my husband rushed to pull up anchor and we headed in...was a rough ride back in but we made it.