Risk vs Reward - Part II Risk vs Reward - Part II Risk vs Reward - Part II Risk vs Reward - Part II
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It is sad that some people don't know how to share. Geneva State Park has 6 ramps and plenty of parking. I hit the lake before dawn most days for the 20 plus mile ride to the fish. Check my more recent posts for where and how altho it would pay you to stop at Geneva Bait and Tackle on SR 534 just before you get to the park for any current news from Tom and Linda. Bring milkbones. Right now I'm checking the weather and lake forecasts for Friday and Saturday. God willing the walleye will still be there or perhaps even closer. I'll be on Ch. 68.

Default hotels

I'll hit u up on 68 Saturday if ur out. any hotels close?

Quote Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
    I want to thank you for sharing ur knowledge. I have been fishing west of the islands with little luck. how early do I need to get to the ramp for parking or waiting to launch? I was planning on fishing east of the islands in hope the deeper water would hold more fish any info on depth or location would be great. in all my travels outdoorsman have allways been the best people always helping each other out. but I am sad to say that I have had little help from others on this site. it's not like there is not enough fish for everyone and if u have ur own boat there not loosing charter clients why so much close lip location or depth information. please provide ur thoughts.
    Don't be afraid to send me a PM next year when you start fishing west of the Islands> I don't always post my fishing results when there are others posting their results for the same area that I am fishing as it is usually at least 2 days old before I can get to the computer to post. If I have any Knowledge from recent fishing trips I will certainly share it with you. Please make at least 2 more posts or replys so you can recieve private messages, you need at least 5 post before you can send or receive any PM's.

Thanks
    Wakina
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default thanks

I'll definently take u up on that offer. I plan on being up early

Default question

are the walleye in on the reefs as soon as the ice is off or is it by water temp?

Many motels at intersection of SR 534 and I-90. Check internet for prices and availability. Some bed and breakfasts are around and The Lodge is a great place to stay and eat (try the walleye nuggets). This weekend is the big grape festival so rooms may be at a premium. As to ice off walleye, I've always found them in the deep water near the reefs until the water temp hits 55. It is a rule on my boat that all spawning females are released immediately after measure and weighing. Other rules on the Holly Lucas are: No Smoking and No Alcohol. Sorry if the rules offend anyone but I run a tight ship and the results speak for themselves. See you on the lake.

Default spawn

I really wish they would make fishing unavailable for half the spawn to allow for a more successful spawn. bluegill in Indiana get destroyed by bed fisherman and we wonder why the size has declined.

Default Dr ed

where r the walleye?

Default Dr ed

GOT ON the walleye out of coneaut last week 3man limit 2.5hrs . school of walleye 6miles long alittle west 73fow. wondering if u r on this school? would u know if there still out there after these big blows we have had?

It sounds like you were working the same fish I was. I won't know if they are still there until Friday when I talk to some friends and charterboat captains before I go in search of those elusive golden fish. It looks like your presentation was working. Would you care to share? All my approaches have been described in previous posts on this site. See you on the lake and don't forget your passport.