Reef Runners ... Reef Runners ... Reef Runners ... Reef Runners ...

Default Reef Runners ...

I am new to Lake Erie and from what I've been told Reef Runners do quite well ... I'm curious about what colors to get , I figured I'd get 8 or 10 different colors in both the little rippers (600) and the bigger (800) .. any color suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Everyone has their favorites. But they keep coming out with new colors every year. Purples, pinks, chartruese colors. Most of the new/newer "bare nakeds" have been working good. Along with some basic's. cheap sunglasses, fruit loops, fried chicken, blueberry muffin, trailer trash, hot tamali, purple demon, red headed and yellow headed wonder breads, confusion, eriedescent, grape ape... how much money you got? as this can get quite long
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Default Reef Runners ...

thanks for the info ..
    I was just wondering if there were colors that did well on Lake Erie like certain Rapala colors produce consistently up north ..

Speaking of rapala's there seems to be a preference for the J-7's and J-9's for the western basin eyes right now. Seems that alot of the charter captains are pulling them and doing really well. Not as many colors to chose from and they are catching eyes on a daily basis. Blue/chrome, black/silver and firetiger seem to be the prefered colors! Pulled behind dipsy's, old school jet 40's and the 40 tru-trip deep divers. They would probably work behind the smaller old school jets as well.

http://www.rapala.com/Jointed/Jointe...d=rapala-lures
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Reef Runners ...

those are great lures and have been good for a lot of years ... any suggestions on a good place to get Reef Runners ..?
    Last edited by boatlimit; 07-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Jeff's Bait by Sterling state park or bottom line bait and tackle by Erie metro park

it seems like on most days anything with pinks or purples will catch fish. but dont count out greens. i get most of my harnesses from galeforcetackle.com i use some of there colors then i have them paint up some custom colors. and i love tandem rigs, so i have then tie mine up tandem. but i will always have atleast 1 nuclear green tandem willow leaf from challenger lures. it sure was hot the first part of july. and im sure if your running rr the same colors will work.
    sherman

gator bait here has been a pretty good color.
    But if I can cath them on a bango or renosky or a thunderstick I will. It gets old tuning the reef runners constantly and even after every fish. Stinks when the plug hits the water for the very 1st time its not even tuned right.