Lake Erie Fishing Trip - Chamberlin Release Lake Erie Fishing Trip - Chamberlin Release Lake Erie Fishing Trip - Chamberlin Release Lake Erie Fishing Trip - Chamberlin Release

Default Lake Erie Fishing Trip - Chamberlin Release

Just returned from a two week fishing trip on the Lake. Went out of Barcelona every day. Fishing was GREAT!!! Averaged 5 eyes a day. 7/c on boards, dipsey's, rigger's all worked. Fished over 68 - 80 fow. Dark patterns worked the best. Fish seemed to shut down late morning. I purchased two new Chamberlin release's and can't say enough about how great they worked. It took a couple of adjustments and they worked every time with no faults release's and no hanging fish on. I could set the up tension as hard as I nedded and the back tension as lite as I wanted. I have worked with a lot of different release's and this one seem's to be the best one yet. Bill's Hook's in Dunkirk is carring them.

hey
    congrats on a good trip. we are up at geneva ohio fishing right now. we,ve only got to fish a couple of days so far. one day we (me) just needed a rest after the 1st day. now its been raining and windy the last couple of days, but tomorrow is sopposed to be very good.

i started using the chamberlain release also. we havent got them adjusted just right yet but were really getting close. they released on everything but a couple of small white perch, so cant really complain about that. and we only had one false release, and im not sure we didnt get hit on that one. but i plan to loosen them up about another half turn when we go back out.

i also use the lite bite slide diver. it has 2 adjustments on them. we didnt have any falce releases and every hit tripped the diver, even the white perch tripped them. now you might call this a falce releace but i dont. we would have a release and reel it in and no fish, but the worm would be gone. this happened a couple of times. but i want them to release if something gets my worm.

now i dont use the slide part of the diver. i just tie it like a regular diver, then tie my leader to an o ring and then lace my leader through the back and over the lite bite arm. then i adjust the lite bite arm so lose the arm falls down if the diver is tripped. so i have to hold the lite bite arn in its slot and set the diver arm. and i just keep the main arm set tight like im fishing rough water.
    sherman

Default "GE"

Thanks for the reply. I thought I tried all the release's out there, but I never used the lite bite diver or heard of it. Sounds just right for the eye's especially when they are hitting lite. During the two weeks I found that the majority of the time they were hitting soft or short so I added a stinger and that helped alot. We were getting the white bass later morning but as I said the eye's shutdown around 10 to 11 am anyway. We also didn't get into any really big hog's either. My wife caught one 10.25 the rest were 6 - 8's with a couple of 9's. I heard the migration was still somewhere around Erie, Pa., not sure about that. Our surface temp was 76 and the thermocline was somewhere around 55 to 60 and then the temp was in the 50's. I set the Champlain release the same way you did, down a half turn each time, after that they were releasing great even on white bass.
    Last edited by "GE"; 07-20-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: adding text