recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

April jig season is going fantastic ! All limits this past weekend with my longest running crew from Aurora Ill. Sunday had limit in 2 hours of fast netting. This coming Saturday is looking nice for light winds. I have an opening for this Saturday afternoon 5 1/2 hour trip , leave dock at 3pm fish until twilight for $550. Al gear onboard, just bring a sandwich and a few beers and we are good. Friday May 5th is open for either a morning or afternoon trip. Morning 8 hour trips are 600 bucks. All gear provided on a 30 Sportcraft ! Rod in hand jig fishing is really on fire, dont miss out.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

This has been a great jig season ! Each trip out has been good to great, depending on the screwed up weather the entire month. Throwing back alot of undersize fish and do alittle experimenting with other types of jigging lures. They worked well one day. This past weekend was bare jigs on Friday and then Saturday was cancelled for windy conditions.
    With the water temp coming up and this weeks wind I think the end of jigging is near, so the worms will get pulled across the bottom for a few weeks until the eyes rise up. Most of this month , the jigs needed to be slow lift and fall with short hops. Friday the wanted it either high hops like 2ft up then med drop speed or cast it bounce around the swing. I have 3 open weekend dates in May for morning trips and June is open for afternoon trips (3-9pm) only. July has 2 Sundays open later in the month.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Yeah this great jig season looks really awesome, I must say your experiment has been successful. I ca see how hard work was done with a team. All credit goes to a great team that really did lot of thing for this great jig season.