recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

July and August provided some nice fishing and decent coolers of walleye. West end and Central basins both had good action.
    Now that summer is basically over, its time for classic yellow perch fishing in the western basin. The algea has subsided alittle and the water just started to cool off over the last week. I was in Geneva/Ashtabula for the weekend for walleye and was very good as we stuffed the cooler to place well in the Pro Div. for the annual Wine and Walleye Fest on Saturday. Western basin , my neighbors at camp did well all weekend with perch one neighbor had limit of perch and walleye both. Call to book a trip before its all over.
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-2015-ashtabula-jpg recent walleye action-ncm_0266-jpg 
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 08-24-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Heres some more, all good.recent walleye action-geneva-15-jpgrecent walleye action-2015-late-july-jpgrecent walleye action-berger-2015-jpgrecent walleye action-july-2015-jpgrecent walleye action-july-27-incher-castn-jpg
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

The last few weeks of island shoreline fishing has been hit n miss with the winds of fall. The first week of Nov. was really good. Group had a couple nights of huge stringers in knee deep water. Largest was just shy of 12 pounds and next cast was a 10 pounder. The windy nights did produce a few eyes on the leeward side casting off the piers. The cold is now here and pack it in for ol man winter. 4 months off then gear up for spring jigging the reefs for walleye. That rod in hand fishing is what I will always preach. Jigging, castn worm harnesses or casting crankbaits in the shallow reefs. Trollings only is preferred for super clean water and calm days. With all these small walleye hatching over the last 2 years there is no reason that casting and catching walleye with a rod hand shouldnt be the preferred method of the future. Some should remember the days way back when charters would and could run 3 trips a day with limits in a few hours, casting erie dearie type lures with worm. I know there are plenty of trollers ,but customer return and customer smiles count in my book.
    Booking 2016 fishing trips for your preferred method for walleye in spring and all summer. Also the last 4 years the yellow perch have done a rebound in both US and Canadian waters. My last Canadian trip for perch for early Nov and we had solid 2 to a pound with 90 perch weighed 45 pounds.
    My last post for awhile.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Shoreline and nearshore walleye fishing has been decent. Some huge fish caught from piers and just offshore. Shallow baits trolled slow behind inline boards and casting shallow divers from piers and rocky bottom along shore. Late afternoon till late evening bite for pier casting. On weekends with good weather, the piers are full of people trying their luck. 3 months until spring jigging begins on the reefs and shallows of the west end of Erie. With no ice, I'm ready to go now !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Jigging has begun, first trip out with friends was a hit with a nice fun limit this morning fight out front of our marina. Stayed inside of a half sq mile area and bite picked up after boats moved towards the reefs. We stayed in same little area and gave a tip to some guys they didnt have the net moving to much as we netted a double and went to the dock. Remaining dates on my boat for April are Sunday April 10th . Sunday April 24th and Friday April 29th for morning trips. Call about midweek dates or other April days that we can set up. The Jig Bite Is On !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Last two remaining dates for jigging on my boat is Friday April 29th and Sunday May 8th , both are morning trips. I can run afternoon trips on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays on all other weekends. If you want only midweek I can set that up on our other 2 boats. Phone number is below. Call me for fishing info for the day or booking a trip !
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    Jigging has begun, first trip out with friends was a hit with a nice fun limit this morning fight out front of our marina. Stayed inside of a half sq mile area and bite picked up after boats moved towards the reefs. We stayed in same little area and gave a tip to some guys they didnt have the net moving to much as we netted a double and went to the dock. Remaining dates on my boat for April are Sunday April 10th . Sunday April 24th and Friday April 29th for morning trips. Call about midweek dates or other April days that we can set up. The Jig Bite Is On !
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 04-10-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

recent walleye action-ncm_0461-jpgrecent walleye action-ncm_0457-jpgrecent walleye action-ncm_0469-jpgrecent walleye action-img952782-jpgrecent walleye action-img_1040-jpg
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

recent walleye action-ncm_0054-jpgrecent walleye action-ncm_0056-jpg Couple fun days with guys from East TN mountains. A couple Fish Ohio taken on Jig n Minnow over the weekend. Reefs outer edges still producing fish on most of the reefs. Caught walleye every stop to find the best bite on a big reef. So I went from sharing the reef with one boat to 10 boats by the time I left to go in. Black/purple jigs took all the fish those 2 days of jigging. Marked great amounts of fish so Sunday we trolled up a nice limit with Bandits in 6 hours. Saturday would have been alot better but the customers had to go early, no fault of mine. We found another spot by ourself again, just figured out the right combination for the jig the eyes wanted , then the phone rang. We headed in at about 10:20 as it was getting good. This coming weekend looking to be breezy so will be breaking out the bottom bouncers and casting rigs. Water temp was mid 50s, (53-56) this week. Streaky dirty water and some very clear water so pay attention to water clearity when you mark fish on your screen. Dates left for May are May 15,20, 27, 29 for morning 7-8 hour trips and 6 hour eve trips are available. June dates for mornings I have left are June the last 2 Sundays in June. The second weekend in June may still be available for both days on boat 2 after a canceled trip.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Great walleye season again. 2014/2015 hatches were outstanding. Plenty of walleye caught each day on our boats. Many more positive days and just a small handful of slow days but that is normal. July was outstanding with some days catches of 100 walleye with limits most days. 2017 walleye fishing should be so outstanding and incredible, also into the next several years. Yellow perch size caught by local fisherman this month has been good, Sunday (today) was a day of perch limits.
    Combo trips available during August. Just call to ask for an open date for a combo perch/walleye trip or perch trip. Perch trips are $540 and combo trips are $650.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

2017 should be an outstanding season !So many fish out there of all sizes. First trip out is April 1st.
    Time to get out there and do some catching ! Should be getting back to the normal casting all season and catch with rod in hand. Cast n reel !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]