down rigger installation questions down rigger installation questions down rigger installation questions down rigger installation questions
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default made my orders

hey guys, i ordered my chamberlin release and torpedo #12 down rigger weight, again what will i use to connect? is it the tru track klincher etc.it was reccommended by shorthand but, he was not sure what i was asking looking for a simple secure inexpensive method.

please advise

thanks

Cannon cable ends easy others make them to any good size baitshop near lake should have them

Quote Originally Posted by wishin fishin View Post
    shorthanded specificly i was asking about connecting my wire to the chanberlin release can i also get chamberlings torpedo type balls at gander?
    To start, I always have my Klincher snap attached to the ends of my downrigger cables.

The following assumes you are using the standard Chamberlain release and NOT the stacker version:
    > Attach the top wire loop of the Chamberlain release to the Klincher snap. Next attach the downrigger weight directly to the lower snap of the Chamberlain release.
    > Alternatively, depending on the type of rigger weight used, some people (like me, when using shark weights with the sharp upright rear fin) use an 18" intermediate cable between the release and the downrigger weight to avoid inadvertent contact between the downrigger weight and the line trailing back off the release. With the torpedo weight you probably won't have this potential tangle/interference problem, and use of the intermediate cable is optional.

If you bought the Chamberlain stacker version then all the above is moot, as you will simply attach the stacker release onto the downrigger cable 18" (or more) above the Klincher/downrigger weight connection.

Hope this is clear... if not send me a pm with your number and I will call you to discuss.

Jack
    Last edited by ShortHanded; 07-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHanded View Post
    To start, I always have my Klincher snap attached to the ends of my downrigger cables.

The following assumes you are using the standard Chamberlain release and NOT the stacker version:
    > Attach the top wire loop of the Chamberlain release to the Klincher snap. Next attach the downrigger weight directly to the lower snap of the Chamberlain release.
    > Alternatively, depending on the type of rigger weight used, some people (like me, when using shark weights with the sharp upright rear fin) use an 18" intermediate cable between the release and the downrigger weight to avoid inadvertent contact between the downrigger weight and the line trailing back off the release. With the torpedo weight you probably won't have this potential tangle/interference problem, and use of the intermediate cable is optional.

If you bought the Chamberlain stacker version then all the above is moot, as you will simply attach the stacker release onto the downrigger cable 18" (or more) above the Klincher/downrigger weight connection.

Hope this is clear... if not send me a pm with your number and I will call you to discuss.

Jack
    thanks shorthand, no staker - keeping it simple, i will read agin when my purchases come in, i didn't order the klinch yet. how do you send a pm?

to late i lost them 23 yrs ago the culprit - marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Use the hoop and crimp so you don't loose your balls.
    to late i lost them 23 yrs ago the culprit - marriage!

Default Two Weeks on Lake Erie - Chamberlin Release's

Just returned from a two week fishing trip on Lake Erie. Went out of Barcelona every day. Fishing was GREAT! Also, got two Chamberlin release's and I can't say enough about how great they work. It took a couple of adjustments and the release's worked every time. They worked just like advertised. I could set the up force has hard as I needed and the back release as lite as I wanted. I think I have tried a lot of different release's but this one seems to the best one I have ever used. Bill's Hook's in Dunkirk,NY is carrying them.