First time boat owner, so pumped! First time boat owner, so pumped! First time boat owner, so pumped! First time boat owner, so pumped!
    Pete Draganic Guest

Default First time boat owner, so pumped!

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and a new boat owner as well.

My oldest son and I have been fairly avid fishermen for many years. He is 16 and I started him at 4. He is now a fishing addict... lol

anyhow, we are planning our very first time out for this weekend. Saturday and maybe Sunday too.

Any tips? Is launching out of Cleveland good enough or should we head west?

Walleye are great but I am perfectly happy with Perch.

All the years that we've fished from shore, only to dream about having a boat to fish from. The day has come and I am so psyched up.

Pete

Fish Fever Guest

Default Beef Creek

I am going Saturday out of Beef Creek Marina, fish B and C can, also will try the Reefs. Has anyone fished the cans yet?

DEAD MINNOWS Guest

Default Good Luck

WELL YA GOT A BOAT.Im really happy for ya.There are 2 things a man should have in life.At least one son and a boat.The best thing i can advise you on .Take your time SAFTY FIRST.Cleveland has nice launching.Edgewater or 72nd.I try not to go out on sundays to crowded.Also never hesitate to ask for help most boaters had trouble at one time or another.Good luck to you.P.S. watch out for the logs.........

Default logs

is there a lot of logs out on the lake know after fridays storm

queballhead4 Guest

been fishing Erie since i was 18. Have ALWAYS went out from Hot Waters Marina, located in lorain. never have fished east of there. marinas address is at the bottom of my post. Most usually limit when going out from there....usually go a lil bit west of north out of the marina, at the last time out walleye were in 38 foot of water or a lil bit deeper. good luck to ya all.
    1104 W 1st St
    Lorain, OH 44052
    (440) 244-6301

queballhead4 Guest

Todays trip....we picked them up NE of hot waters in 50 FOW....looks like they are moving out to deeper water folks....

DEAD MINNOWS Guest

Smile edgewater

Well congrats on your boat .I have been fishing lake Erie 42 years of my life.Now is a great time for the perch.Edgewater has nice docks or rocky river .Just look for the flock of boats and they are usually hitting About 42fow closer as the fall arrives .Good luck.......

Talking first boat

Better get out of Vermillion 1 mile out past breakwall 34 ft deep limited out three days in a row 9 to 14" size 180 in freezer wow!!