How much Line w/bottom bouncers estimate please How much Line w/bottom bouncers estimate please How much Line w/bottom bouncers estimate please How much Line w/bottom bouncers estimate please
    vectorman Guest

Default How much Line w/bottom bouncers estimate please

i fish around brest bay maumee area and typically am in 17 to 24 fow how much line to you let out when trolling with the bottom bouncers with worm harness speed about 1.3 to 1.7 i can never get it right any estimate would be greatly appreciated especially with gas prices the way they are , by the way i come out of toledo beach on my fishing excursions.

It completely depends on the weight of the bottom bouncer. If it is 3/4 oz, you will need 80 to 100ft to be in the range. I like to go heavy 3 or 4 ounces and it will take it almost straight down. 20 ft will take you down to 17 ft; 32 ft will take you down to the 26 range at that speed. It takes a stoudt rod. I like to use 3 or 4 oz egg sinkers slipped above the swivel to do the job. Everything is in line and very easy to work with. It takes alot of the guess out of where you are actually fishing. You will be deep if you want to. Check the line every 15 min or so to make sure you are free of zebras. A med heavy rod is a must with that weight. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

vectorman Guest

Default Thank you

Thank you for the info spoontang.