local walleye.com users buff area local walleye.com users buff area local walleye.com users buff area local walleye.com users buff area
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bailey- I do have a paper chain. In the shape of WALLEYE. I tear one officials each day to remember what they feel like. I'll be running out of WALLEYE in the the refrigerator before May gets here. I'm not like fishkiller who has probably three fridges packed solid to hold him over.

just 3 freezers joe, 1.5 we fill with walleye and perch the other 1.5 we fill with venison with a little room kept open for ice cream.....(need to keep the wife happy)....lol

I took a ride to the pond today. There were boats on the water, the sun was out, people fishing from shore, boats being trailed and NOT for storage. I walked on a sandy beach, in shorts. The sun was out.
    I saw fish swimming off shore. Big fish! Went to the store and seen all different types of fishing from gear.
    No -- I'm not on Buffalo. And the pond is the Atlantic.
    I'm on Myrtle Beach. I'm going to look into fishing trips tomorrow and see what happens.
    I'll let you know.
    Jim - I try to keep the wife happy by taking vacations.

Thanks fishkiller that was just what I was looking for!

The other question I had was, what happens if your boat breaks down out there, off season?
    I have a membership to boatus with unlimited towing and I called up their dispatch 800 number to find out. I was told that the service is still available 24 hrs, even during the "off season". He put on hold to look into it, it wasn't just a quick answer, so hopefully that is accurate.

I'm curious if anyone ever had to call for a tow in november, (or before May 15th (the opening) for that matter)

CaptainJoe when I was younger (20's) I fished a few times out of myrtle beach, it was good fishing. (1990's)I think we caught mahi mahi, barracuda (which really didn't fight that much) and others. I can't remember if we caught bonita there or not, but that is one hard fighting fish. I never caught a sailfish, they were seasonal and never hit it right or they weren't hitting the day we went.
    Last edited by wnyguy; 10-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Capt sounds like your in the right place. In december I am headed over the tropic line in Florida on atlantic side. Should be interesting fishing not sure what I will catch or what will eat good sure a local will help me out. Have a fun and safe trip post a pic or 2.

Good news guys. I was on the water today. Didn't catch anything. But I saw a few snapper. Actually I was on the lazy river on a tube. Does that qualify as trolling?

Yup its close enough!!!

You gotta watch those snappers dangerous fish especially those red ones. Sometimes its definitely better to just see them rather than catch one out of the lazy river could be tainted water they might just leave a bad taste in your mouth.Lol

I went out in a pier today at Cherry Creek. It's in North Myrtle Beach. It cost me $1.50 a person (me & the wife) to see what's going on. There were probably 40 people fishing. I did not see one fish caught. I had shorts and a tee shirt others were dressed in snowmobile suits and bundled up. I couldn't believe it. Bailey I took some pics but I'm having technical difficulties. Of coarse it must be the phone and not the operator. They wanted $20.00 to rent a pole for a day. I found out that it costs $14.00 for an 11 day fishing license. _

When I've fished from shore at the ocean I always had the best luck fishing right at the crack of dawn, seems like the larger fish move in close to feed. Tough to drag yourself out of bed that early though, especially when you are on vacation with the family and have a busy day planned!

Just out of curiosity, did you check on how much a half day charter is? Sometimes that is negotiable as well. From my memory (and its fading), it was a set amount for the boat, so the more guys that went together the cheaper it was, but you had to spread the fish catching around.

Wow $1.50 just to walk on the pier to see what is being caught, let alone pole rental and license adds up quick.