OK, what am I doing wrong... OK, what am I doing wrong... OK, what am I doing wrong... OK, what am I doing wrong...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

bryan take skippers advise or if you can go with him. i started using the rig he uses and his good advise and doubled my catch rate. if you get on them perch you will have a great time especially with kids, mine dosent want to troll for walleyes anymore since we have been perch fishing.

just got back in the states glad to here the fishing is still good. been catching them canada walleyes there alot easier, dont think there as smart lol. just kidding dont want to offend any canadian walleye central guys. Skipper i dont have a problem of getting up at 3 a.m. if that means catching fish. talk to you guys later or see you on the water bad karma.

Smile western end style of perching

here on the western end of the lake the perch have an abautence of minnows right now, a single hook rig like a lindy style rigs are working better, half minnow are working better,
    but if skipper 9 catches perch like he catches walleye then listen to him he great, but the western boys are coming perching
    with him later this season to see ho's the perch kings of the lake. Better pratice jim, Wayne and Capt Mike

Thumbs up perch

Although I fish the other side of the lake (Geneva),perch r perch. Last year I tried something diff. during light bite days. My buddy used standard rigs both single&spreaders on one side while I used same rigs on other side but with RED hooks. Red was winner by 2 to 1. Scientific-no Luck-maybe. Whatever works-always. Preserved minnows have only worked in a feeding frenzy. Use reel McCoy! Luck to all!!
    Assassin

I agree with half minnows, at least down here in the west. I have had excellant luck with Red and Pink hooks. Usually use spreaders with bling, especially as the season progresses. I haven't used frozen shinners yet as I've been lucky enough to get live ones but I would bet those processed ones were the main reason for your lack of fish. But just like the walleye bite tends to differ as you go east I think maybe that also goes for the perch. And as much as I hate to do it keeping the motor running makes a difference most of the time.

Wayne, I dont want to come across as cocky... But i am an average walleye fisherman.. But I am a great perch fisherman.. I dont need any practice... I am ready... Now that I said that I wont catch any... LOL... Cant wait for the perch off..

That's not cocky...that's confidence lol

Smile perch

I have to agree with legal skater, red hooks are a must, brown second, gold third, we use no bling, just one bead and slack line must be on bottom, motor running is also a must till you get them going, then shut off till it slows, another thing is a pipe or small anchor bounce on the bottom to made some mud
    to attract some fish, live minnow best, dead second and frozen third. Highway bait did have excellent size minnows sunday. and skipper nine I guess I may have to practice then, my best last year wall 25 perch 12.5 lbs. on western side, I practice for a couple weeks to make sure were ready then we will be back.
    LOL wayne

Wayne if you smoke me I will be the first to admit defeat.. Many have tried before you... Alot of guys reading these posts.. Of course there all quiet right now.. You know who you are? One of the guys on here had 12 before I caught my first one.. Did not end well for him... All in good fun.. Perching is serious business on my boat.. Some guys got more excuses than I care to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    I have to agree with legal skater, red hooks are a must, brown second, gold third, we use no bling, just one bead and slack line must be on bottom, motor running is also a must till you get them going, then shut off till it slows, another thing is a pipe or small anchor bounce on the bottom to made some mud
    to attract some fish, live minnow best, dead second and frozen third. Highway bait did have excellent size minnows sunday. and skipper nine I guess I may have to practice then, my best last year wall 25 perch 12.5 lbs. on western side, I practice for a couple weeks to make sure were ready then we will be back.
    LOL wayne
    +1 on the red hooks

Went out friday and sat am, north and west of sputnik in Mich waters and boated over 250 yellows between 3 hardcores!! Just drop spreader to the bottom and give it 3 to 4 ft of slack and when you see the bite the hook is already in their guts!!! Getting ready for a deep fry tonight!!! fish on!!