what crankbaits r HOT what crankbaits r HOT what crankbaits r HOT what crankbaits r HOT
    jkingfish5 Guest

Default what crankbaits r HOT

what r the crankbaits r you guys have great success on

Hot-n-Tot (metal lipped only the plastic lipped ones were junk), Deep Thunder Stick, Wiggle Wart, Wally-Diver and Reef Runner all will do good on most days. I also fish Stinger Spoons, small Rapala or Thunder Sticks stick baits (the ones about 2 1/2 " long) on diving disks like Big John's or size 0 or 1 Dipsey's.

Down deep husky jerks in blue and orange, copper and black, and jointed shad rap #5 an #7 also blue and orange and I think it's called black shad. It has a darker back and black gill dot and black lateral line. At low light conditions, Glowing deep diving reef runners, wonderbread, purple and also green. They are all worth their weight in gold! they all run 20-22 feet with braided line and a stout rod. Go a little lighter on the drag. Drag them at 1.8 mph doing soft S patterns. You will kill em when you change direction. Occasionally let out 15 feet of line, about 4 times per rod and bring it back in and start over. you will nail many fish when you re-engage you reel. If you troll aggressively, you can boat 40 fish an hour if you stay on them. Doubles are common, triples happen and when its hot..........Quadruples. If they are not producing, run at least one worm harness with 3 oz weight above the swivel. Enjoy and let me know of your success.

HawgHntr Guest

Last weekend (4-19/4-20) of the 5 fish we boated 4 of them came off a blue/chrome combination. 3 of them came off a chrome/blue deep ripper while the other one came off a chrome/blue and orange deep down husky jerk. That seemed to do decent for us.

Talking

Yea man. I don't know what it is, but the eyes love that chrome, blue, orange, down deep husky jerk and the Jointed shad rap #5 and #7 in blue back with orange belly. Those lures outfish anything else I have.