rookie on board, need some info rookie on board, need some info rookie on board, need some info rookie on board, need some info
    team mac 67 Guest

Default rookie on board, need some info

my family and I have a trip planned from may 16-20th. My uncle bought a boat and a place to stay late last summer, we never fished for walleye being so late in the year, but we really hammered the perch. My question is; we will
    be coming out of tibbels marina, in marblehead. is the walleye bite usually pretty good around say the put in bay,gull island shoal, and kellys island area. Or should we expect to have to run farther to the west? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also when do the may flies usually hatch?

Default Marblehead

Last year through the end of May, the fishing was good all along the marblehead and catawba island areas. You only had to run a mile or 2 off shore to be in fish, although the bite seemed better very early in the A.M. Check with "Highway bait" on 163 in Marblehead as their fishing info is excellent and very up to date. If the fish have moved out try Gull reef and the area North, NE and NW of Kelley's Island.

Baha299

fbcoachfisherman Guest

baha299 has given you great info

We are a little behind this year, so it looks like your timing will be very good for that area.

team mac 67 Guest

thanks for the info, every little bit will help. Now if we can just get the weather and fish to cooperate in that 4 day window evrything will be great.

TMAC Guest

That's what I wanted to here. Thanks all. Come on weather and come on Walleye.