Kayak Fishing Lake Erie Kayak Fishing Lake Erie Kayak Fishing Lake Erie Kayak Fishing Lake Erie
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kayak Fishing Lake Erie

Kayak fishing is a fast growing segment of the fishing industry. Has anyone tried jig fishing For walleye from a kayak? By kayak, I'm referring to a 13 ft Ocean Kayak Trident, made to fish offshore in rough seas. Mine has a Humminbird 385ci sonar/gps. I'm also going to fish from it this summer further out but with the help of a 33ft tender boat. Has anyone ever tried that on Erie?

Talking

dang, you crazy.. if you really want to put that kayak to the test,go jigging in mid april, when the wind is usually coming out of the n.e. at 15-20 m.p.h. if you can handle that then i give you props bro.... only two weeks to go boys.............................................. ......

you would never see me on a kayak on erie, maybe inside the breakwall, but once that wind starts going your nuts

Default Kayak

Read on another site/forum awhile back that there is at least one kayak fishing in the Cleveland area waters of lake Erie. Some stated that he was hard to see in rough water. Good idea having a tender to help out if needed. Also saw some fellow fishing for sailfish in the ocean on the VS outdoor network awhile back. He had all the bells and whistles on his kayak.

Saw 2 kayaks out from PC last summer. Trouble would be staying slow enough to jig Used a canoe out to H can before in the summer.

I think you are going to see more of them out in the lake.. I was reading an article about a proposed kayak trail around the islands.. I personally incounter them frequently around the islands.. I only reason I could see as to not jig fishing along the shore in one is the water temp in april.. God forbid something happen hyprothermia happens quickly in 40 degree water.. I quess in the right clothing you might have a chance.. Oh Well happy fishing..

I hear what your all saying about wind and cold water temps. Precautions concerning wind would be the same for anyone in small boats. Dealing with cold water temps, the pros typically use breathable waders layered over quick drying poly underwear and fleece. A tight wader belt and a PFD are a must using this system. Another option is a dry suit or even a neoprene wetsuit. If your interested in learning more, watch the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPTq...e_gdata_player

Food for thought....Eskimo's have been paddling in cold water for eons!

Quote Originally Posted by FWT View Post
    I hear what your all saying about wind and cold water temps. Precautions concerning wind would be the same for anyone in small boats. Dealing with cold water temps, the pros typically use breathable waders layered over quick drying poly underwear and fleece. A tight wader belt and a PFD are a must using this system. Another option is a dry suit or even a neoprene wetsuit. If your interested in learning more, watch the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPTq...e_gdata_player

Food for thought....Eskimo's have been paddling in cold water for eons!
    where do you put the beer ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Go-Time View Post
    where do you put the beer ?????
    Just a personal thing but I think beer has no place on a boat. Have you ever seen anyone cut in half by a prop when the boat operator was so drunk they didn't even know they hit the other boat. Not a good sight.

Smile Kayak

As I read this I think of Jim Muras' response to being aksed if his team is going to the playoffs in a Coors Light commercial. But instead of playoffs I find myself saying Kayak--Kayak. But hey? If thats what your into? Go for it. As far as beer on my boat? I dont partake but all my buddies do. And they put down quite a few sometimes, but its all good cuz I'm driving and taking into consideration thier ability or lack of to be agile. lol

Good Luck and Good Fishing