How to jig for spring walleye How to jig for spring walleye How to jig for spring walleye How to jig for spring walleye
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I believe that lamberjacks was 5$ to launch last year. It usually isn't too crowded, however if you have a big boat I could see it being difficult to back it onto the ramp to launch

Default distance to reefs

How far off shore is the run if you come out of wildwings- fenwick to the reefs. My boat is only 16 ft, so I play the wind to deceide ohio or Mich ramps.

Most of the reef complex is with in 6 miles of wild wings marina. If your talking about jig fishing. You can come out of the channel and turn left and find plenty of fish in 5 to 15 ft of water of the beach.

I'm looking to fish the area you mentioned. I have a 17 ft modV Xpress jonboat with a 50 hp. Do you guys think my rig is adequate for jig fishing out in front of wild wings. I wouldn't go more than a couple miles out. And only in optimal weather conditions.

I have a 17 ft Xpress modified V jon boat with a 50 hp Mercury. Do you all think it would be adequate for jig fishing close to shore in front of Wild Wings?

Default Wild Wings

I keep my boat at Turtle Creek and it takes longer to get out of the Creek then it does to get to where I jig for Walleye...Not more then a mile or so off shore most of the time... A few times you have to run east or West for a few minutes but for the most part your right in the mix... Good luck guys.. have seen a few fish taken out by the Radr Bouy so far this year... Sunday I'll post where I cought mine...If it all works out that is...

was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a hotel/motel to stay at in the area?

Default Wild Wings

WV Guy

We have a couple of condos there that we rent. I have a few pictures of the condos and docks on my website. You can't get much closer to Wild WIngs and are a short boat ride to the reefs.

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/ot...ion/36652.html

Thanks and good fishing!

John

Quote Originally Posted by LOWE LIFE View Post
    I keep my boat at Turtle Creek and it takes longer to get out of the Creek then it does to get to where I jig for Walleye...Not more then a mile or so off shore most of the time... A few times you have to run east or West for a few minutes but for the most part your right in the mix... Good luck guys.. have seen a few fish taken out by the Radr Bouy so far this year... Sunday I'll post where I cought mine...If it all works out that is...
    i just paid my fees for lamberjacks! ill be there from mid april to mid may. see you out there!

Nice place Capital, but only looking for two nites on a weekend, two people. Gas prices and such make your listing a little above what I am looking for. But, thanks for the reply