Is it true the jiggin is finally picking up on the reefs? Is it true the jiggin is finally picking up on the reefs? Is it true the jiggin is finally picking up on the reefs? Is it true the jiggin is finally picking up on the reefs?
    hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default Is it true the jiggin is finally picking up on the reefs?

Ok,it sounds like people are starting to catch some eye's on the reefs and nearshore from out in front of Besse all the way to the maumee bay. I talked to a friend and he said the lake was still pure mud. So i don't know whether it's worth a 2 hour drive to get skunked or not. Actually, i had a thought run through my head today that would save me 37 dollars for a head boat. Im wondering if the camp perry pier would be productive. That's right, using purple hair jigs just like u would on a boat. Yep, let it hit bottom and start snapping it hard, i don't see a reason why there wouldn't be walleye there. Last year at this time they were no more than 1/4 to 1/2 mile off shore, and that pier sticks out about that far. Does anyone else think this might have a chance of being productive? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, and good fishing!

Water Fox Guest

Default Go with the headboat

We are catching them right now!!!

talked to a few charter captains down east, who were all limited out by lunch time, they fished out by Cone Reef. Seems to be picking up all over. Finally............

Default got em

made a run out of turtle creek today left the dock at 9 and was back in at 1230 with four limits. not real fast but steady.

Fish_Slayer Guest

Default Fished on 4/18

My buddy and I fished from 7am until 12:30 and caught 7 walleyes. It was a little slow, we really had to work for them. The water is still very dirty and is the only thing holding off fast limits. There were a lot of boats out and they seamed to have the same results. We will try again next weekend...hopefully the water clears up by then.

Smile Fished Turtle Creek 4-20-08

Went out jiggin at 6:30 am and had 7 in the boat by 8:30am. Decided to troll out about 10 miles - Reached our limit & released a few. Back in by 2:30. Ton of boats out All seemed to be catchin their share. Alot of happy fisherman.

iceman Guest

Default trolling

Can you tell me what you trolled with how far back etc.