Where are the fish??? Where are the fish??? Where are the fish??? Where are the fish???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are the fish???

I have been out 4 days this week and have yet to catch anything other than white bass. From Niagra all the way back to Maumee bay, nothing but dirty water. Is anyone catching fish?

buddstools Guest

I was out yesterday. Went in front of kellys and to the east. Only caght White Bass. Marked alot of fish in deeper waters,no takers. I was trying 30 jets with spoons 65-120 back 1.5 to 2.1 mph. Slower speed got the White Bass. Was getting ready to try it again today. Going to be a warm one.

i have went since thursday also i picked up 3 infront of davis bessie in 16ft and a few by niagra and only one today by green island i agree water is so dirty must have been by luck most of them have been on erie deeries purple and then green and white were working.Chareters are doing horrible according to radio talk and 3 charters go out of the marina that i dock at and they agree

Fish west of kelly island ypu will do good there

White bass and white perch are all I am getting. Only 1 walleye in the last 2 days. Ran 18 miles from Meinkes west on a 70 degree - water is still muddy. Actually caught the 1 walleye right in front of the marina between shore and the intake. Charters from the marina are running 26 miles toward kelleys. Geting 5 - 15 fish a day trolling

Fished by the island thursday to sunday. Fishing is tough. Really haev to work for them though.

Fished sunday between crib and niagara reef caught 12 eye's and 2 smallmouth along with alot of white perch lost 2 eye's at boat. Best program was reef runners (800) 70-80 ft back. We were in 22-24 ftw water staind Couldn't get anything on spoon's or harnesses. All on lite colored lures nothing on dark or purple.

Fished (casting 3 hours)Tuesday night from cone reef to L-can. Ended up with 3 fish. Red & white or green & white weights forwards.

Also noticed that the fish did not have much fat on them when I was cleaning them.

all the walleye's I cleaned this year had little fat, last year at this time I remember the fish just full of fat? You would think they would be hungry.

waterdog Guest

Default ~sheep head

I think the weather has alot to do with the walleye bite. Seems like when the cold fronts move throught and the lake gets muddy, it affects the walleye bite and scatters the fish somewhat, all of which makes it harder to get on the fish.

I have been having fun with the sheep head~