reef runners reef runners reef runners reef runners

Thread: reef runners

Default reef runners

how far back does everyone run there 800 reef runners , in 20 foot of water .
    i use jet divers also and spoons , been catching fish , but would like to find a chart that tells depths.

duckdog Guest

Default jets and runners

stop at any of the bait shops up thare thay have prission trolling bibles give you the numbers you need on most all body baits and i think lure jensons web site has a chart on jet dive i know i have one on my boat up at the lake but cant rember if thats were i got it .its hell to get old if i find it i will post web site . happy fishn big joe

duckdog Guest

Default jet and dipsy chart

google Depth chart for diving planers depth. WWW.straitlineangler.com

Wink reef runner

if you use a wieght with them you can get a more depth more straight down depth i do it with our reef runners works well

Jefferson Guest

Default Depth depends

Quote Originally Posted by shawnb1977 View Post
    how far back does everyone run there 800 reef runners , in 20 foot of water .
    i use jet divers also and spoons , been catching fish , but would like to find a chart that tells depths.
    How far back you run them will depend how deep you want them to run, which should be dependent on how deep the fish are. Run your lure 2-4 feet or more above the fish (use your sonar to get an idea where that should be).

The Precision Trolling Guide is like the Bible for depth charts - well worth the $ and a great investment. Depth curves/charts for a ton of different lures, weights, etc. Good insights also re: the impact of speed (hint - it impacts weighted lures but doesn't impact diving ones much at all).

Happy fishing.

ZILLA(walleye killa) Guest

we run between 70 and 90 feet back

Smile Jet Divers

each Jet Diver is specific to a certain manufactured depth. 10-20-30. Each dives to the depth at 50' @ 2.0 mph. A little slower a little more line. Get the Precision Trolling Book. It's awesome

i run my reefrunners off my big boards. i send them back 80-130 ft back and then send them dont the board line.

That depends at what depth the fish are. In April we trolled in 30 FOW and ran them 50 feet back. Walleye will come up on the bait so if they are holding at 15 fow run your baits at maybe 10 fow.

Default jet divers

I down loaded a chart from luhr jensen's web site according to them you need 100' of 17 lb test, speed 1.5 - 2.5 to acheive the maximum depth. At 50' it is just under half. Deeper dives occur at 2.5 to 3mph