Western Lake Erie Spring (April May) reports Western Lake Erie Spring (April May) reports Western Lake Erie Spring (April May) reports Western Lake Erie Spring (April May) reports
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Western Lake Erie Spring (April May) reports

Please use this thread to post spring fishing reports for western Lake Erie.

Jfish Guest

Default A great night 4/5/10

Two of us went out last night about 5:30 in front of Wild Wings in about 14ft of water. Limited out in about an hour.

Conditions were flat calm and the water was clear. Busted out the electric motor to cover some ground very slowly. Used 3/8 ounce jig heads with a chartruse gulp minnow bouncing on the bottom.

Caught all males.

Fished Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. Caught a lot of fish right out front of Turtle Creek but caught a lot better grade fish just off of Cone in 22 fow. M

Fished last weekend right out front of WW in 8 to 13 fow and did well. Most of the fish in the 18-20 inch range. Moved out to Cone in 22 fow and averaged 24-26 inches. Limited Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday

Default feeding frenzy

we went out of ww sun and mon also. we didnt bother with the pack, we went to our own little shallow reef with about ten other boats. caught our limit in no time both days.the wallys were so thick that they were breaking the water right at the boat in balls of 5-10 fish, just rolling all over each other. i have never seen anything like it. i was reeling in a nice one when about three more came up with it. we almost had three in the net at once.the water was so clear you could see the balls of fish very easily. hint'' for those of you who know this lake well i'll tell you the reef we were on came all the way up to 6 feet...if you cant figure it out , just fish with the pack in front of ww. the fish do seem to be bigger out on the reefs 3-4 miles out.HAPPY FISHING

Labshavit Guest

wallysfor me: Why not just say where? I thought this site was for sharing info. There are millions of walleye in the lake plenty for everyone and more so why play games with info! Makes no since just my 2cents worth!

Could someone tell me if there are any reefs worth fishing, arouind the Bass Islands or near Kellys? I have my boat docked at Gem Beach Marina and it is quite a hall to the David Bessie reefs. Thanks..

Default Outer light

Got good fish in morr..about 9 they shut off...wind started to blow.. Made the move out to clean water..drifted down mud line..around the light...was bompy comin home...was a good day ..purple hair tipped with minow..10 12 fow...3 GUYS ..12 FISH 22-26 ..ALL JACK S HAVE NOT SEEB ANY SPAWNED OUT FEMALES YET

Default Saturday and Sunday

Saturday fished west of turtle creek in 10-12 fow purple hair jigs and minnows. 2 man limit in about 1 hour.
    Sunday fished same area purple hair jigs and minnows 4 man limit 3 hours. Had to work harder for them. Light bite

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel-1 View Post
    Could someone tell me if there are any reefs worth fishing, arouind the Bass Islands or near Kellys? I have my boat docked at Gem Beach Marina and it is quite a hall to the David Bessie reefs. Thanks..
    American Eagle shoal should be holding eyes