Detroit River Detroit River Detroit River Detroit River

Thread: Detroit River

Rusty Guest

Default Detroit River

Can anyone provide info on fishing the Detroit? Never done it, but hear that the spring run is one worth trying. Is it worth it, suggestions on where to launch? Is it really crowded?
    Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks and good fishing.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Detroit River Fishing

Take a look at the other forms on this site. I should go look, but I think there is a Michigan Lake Erie form, or something like that. Seems I've seen posts about the Detroit River in a report or form under that area somewhere on walleye.com. If not, and you don't get any good replies here, a simple Internet search under "Detroit River Fishing Reports" or "Detroit River Walleye" or "Detroit River Fishing clubs" or some similar search terms should find you the info you are looking for.

West Basin

eerie drifter Guest

West Basin,
    Try greatmich.com. You have to wade through many places but there were a few reports from the river and the lake. Try Bottom Line @734-379-9762, they're accross for Lake Erie Metropark entrance

lucky dog Guest

Cool

the only thing i've ever heard on fishing the detroit this time of year is all the junk floating down logs and such last year a buddy was fishing it this early and barely missed a telephone pole with the cross bars on it but it's true that river has good fish in it all the time and now should'nt be much traffic

eyecatcher Guest

I used to go to detroit on business and the peak fishing in the river was around the 1st of april. you can see the boats in the downtown area.

drdon Guest

Default Detroit River

The fishing is getting better in the river. The place to launch right now is Erie Metropark at the south end of the river. You run up river from there and just look for boats. Most of the fishing will be controlled drift with a trolling motor. 3/8 to 1 oz jigs with minnows or plastic tails anywhere for 5ft to 40ft depending on the area you choose. There are other areas to launch all the way past Drtriot. Check out michigan-sportsman.com forums.

Rusty Guest

Thank you drdon and others, heading up next week and will let you know!

Bud man Guest

This is the website I get a lot of information from. http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/fo...splay.php?f=89
    Sounds like the river is off to a good start.

Also, try the Detroit Walleye Federation website. They have a map of the river and some good information.

nighthitcher Guest

hey its hitcher and going to visit this place first time..its cool and up to the mark.