Any Lunkers Today Any Lunkers Today Any Lunkers Today Any Lunkers Today
    blufisherman Guest

Default Any Lunkers Today

I gotta question. I'm puttin in for the first time this year at East Harbor State Park Marina, and crashin about 6 miles away, can I leave my boat docked there overnight? I guess what I'm asking is there security there or should I pull it out when I leave the lake?
    The other thing when reading through the forums, knowone say's anything about shad raps. Do they work for trolling? Other than that, how did everyone do today, and has the mud settled?

Love a screemin drag!!

I haven't been to east harbor in a couple of years and they made us rent a space in order to use the boat ramp.We have had our tackle stolen one year so where ever you leave it lock it up!
    Last edited by dgbigo; 04-11-2008 at 08:40 PM.

blufisherman Guest

Thumbs up Many Thanks for that info

Thanks for the reply. The place I'm staying at has a dock in that area. Nothing worse than traveling 6 hours and not gettin fish, than gettin riped off, so you have to pay more to replace whatever, to get fish.

Many thanks for that one!!

Default east harbor

Just another option. On the opposite side of west harbor, specifically off rt 53 on Catawba, there is a public boat launch next to Midway marina. The entrance is the 2nd driveway as you pass the Shell gas station and SIMA marine boat sales. You may want to inquire at the Midway marina office about keeping your boat there either in a dock or on the trailer (not sure what the cost is). Midway is a private marina that always has a number of boat owners staying overnight. They also patrol the marina and I do not know of any problems over the last couple of years.
    The marina and boat launch are 2 miles North of rt 163. You follow the channel out of west harbor and will pass East Harbor marina on your way to the lake.

Baha299

blufisherman Guest

Default Appreicate the heads-up

Thanks for the info anglers!!