July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Actual Fishing Reports only please. Any post in this thread that is not a direct report of fishing activity will be deleted.

Default Few walleye yesterday

Caught one off Wildwood on 7/5/09 going northeast in 65 fow. Great fish - 30", 8' 1oz. Made my day. Everyone on the radio was looking for fish - didn't seem that anyone was catching them. Furthest person out was in 78 fow.

CAT22 Guest

Default Chagrin area

FISHED 07/04 STARTED IN 65 AND TROLLED WITH THE BIG WAVES INTO 56FT OR SO. CAUGHT ONE WHITE PERCH. TROLLED FOR 4 HOURS. HARNESSES GOLD AND SILVER, SLOW, FAST, DEEP, SHALLOW. NOTHING DOIN. TALKED TO GUYS AT THE DOC. THEY WENT OUT TO 75 LOOKING AND DDNT CATCH ANY. bUDDIES WENT OUT PAST THE CRIB ON SUNDAY AND CAUGHT A FEW ON 40 JETS, 140 OUT. WAS A SLOW WEEKEND FOR MOST. FISH WERE SCATTERED EVERYWHERE IN THE WATER COLUMN. ENDED THE DAY IN THE WARM WATER DISCHARGE AT CEI AND CAUGHT A BUNCH OF BIG CATFISH. FAST ACTION, 2 WERE IN THE 12 POUND RANGE. LOTS OF FUN.

Default out of lorain

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!! drove in from Gahanna put in at Hot Waters on Friday 7-3-09 around 7Am man of Man the Waves were out of control tried our best to get out a bit deep at least five foot waves plus++ didnt catch any fish had to pull off by noon due to the waves!!!:-(
    Went back at it on Sat the 4th straight north West by the sand bar 50fow. using gold erie deariesand a mayfly rig gold landed two EYES. one was 5 1/2 lb the other just a bit over 7lbs the bite was tough not many fish to be found also landed a 8lb cat fish at 50fow. which suprised me when i pulled it in i thought for sure i had the big eye!!the cat fish bit on the gold rig as well HUM!!!!!!. sunday back to the sandbar very still no waves trolled all morning using erie dearies even treid walleye divers large, the fish had LOCK JAW, no one was catching any thing tough Bite,ALOT OF boats no nets out!! UGH!
    not sure why they werent biteing ,at least i got two keepers. will be back in a couple of weeks hopefully we'll do better,
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-10-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: show my catch

Mistervee123 Guest

Default Small eyes!

Out off Cleveland today in 52' northwest of the crib Thursday a.m. Picked up a lot of bait-stealers, but most important caught some small 14" walleye...a good sign for the future. Ended up keeping two of legal size 3-4 lbs. each. Enough for my wife and I for a couple dinners. Did the best on bottom bouncers with long leads (36") and green worm harnesses with a hammered gold spinner and a small chartreuse float strung inline with the harness to keep the worms off the bottom. Trolled and drifted. Best speed for both was about 1.2 mph on the gps. Caught a few perch on dipsies with stingers and with a reef runner in yellow and orange colors. Fun day. Ended up a little to rough for my small boat in the pm, and a left early.

Default lorain- Hot _waters 6-11-09

picked up two 4pound eyes on a south to north drift at 31-14 line. We fished from 6:30 am to 2o pm. The rest fo our catch was sheephead, a couple gobies and 6 small perch. Beautiful day to be on the lake !!!

Default Chagrin Walleye 7/15/09

Went out of the Chagrin about 6pm on 7/14. 60-64 fow. Marked a lot of fish at the 45 foot mark. So we ran big dipsy's on 3, 145, and on 1, 105. Boated a bunch of sheephead till I speeded up from 1.2mph to 1.6. One nice 26 inch walleye, a handful of jumbo perch. Most were on little stingers. We ran little stingers, big stingers, and worm harnesses. LIttle stingers seemed to be the most productive. FIshed for 2-3 hours.

fishingnut1081 Guest

Default Ashtabula

Anybody have some good numbers out of ashtabula if so please reply thanks chris

jrblawnscape Guest

first post here, love the site loaded with "USEFULL" information.
    Went out the 20th on monday morning. lake was glass 0-2 footers. went out 12-13 miles like odnr says 65-70' of water. 185-200' line out with dipsys and spoons. got one white bass and a 17" walleye. i gotta tell you lake erie isnt like it was two years ago. we could not find the fish!!! we were marking fish from a mile north of the pumping station. starting trolling around 3-4 miles north of the station, 63' of water. tryed fast, slow, shallow, deep, downrigger, dipsys, worm harness, everything. and we got nothing!!! somebody post good news, its depressing not catching fish. BTW holler if you see us! we stand out like a soar thumb. 14' tracker deep v named IVA MARIE.

GoPens88 Guest

Default no luck

I come down for 2 weeks in a whole year from Florida to stay at a family cottage by elk creek. So far I have only caught 4 walleye in about 14 hours of trolling with a spinner and weight. Anyone have any locations around elk creek or crooked creek where I would have better luck. Paying $64 for a year license that only gets used 14 days out of a year is annoying, especially if the walleye fishing sucks.