Pluggin piggies Pluggin piggies Pluggin piggies Pluggin piggies

Thread: Pluggin piggies

Wrangler Guest

Default Pluggin piggies

Headed out to the Wild Wings Reef Area on April 8th and looking for some big girls. We will be doing some jigging but want to pull some plugs for the piggies. We are planning on using Rogues, Huskies and Tail Dancers. Is there any of these or other plugs that seem to work best this time of year? Also any particular color(s) that work best? We are looking at pulling in deeper water around the reefs. How far up do they usually suspend? I know,these are a lot of questions but we are trying to maximize our time on the water.
    Thanks,
    Wrangler

Default Depths

Everyday is different. We run 6 lines on average. 2 Shallow, 2 Mid, 2 Deep with 6 different lures and colors. Once we see a pattern we consolidate our efforts with that depth, lure, and color. We also use jet divers w/ stinger spoons 10' & 20', reef runners, smithwycks, etc. I recommend running the jet divers directly behind the boat. Less tangles & easy to pull up when ya get one on

FISHONAJ Guest

Lure color varies with the water clarity. I've done best on the high pre-spawn fish ~ top 10 feet. But sometimes a big harness right off the bottom does wonders. You said early April as your time fishing, i don't get many mid level fish that time of year. I hope the weather lets ya get out...

AJ

Default ice jam

hope the ice blows out of wild wings. was up sunday un-winterizing boat, and wild wings was full of ice,, hope all blows out putting in this weekend..might even wet a line..

Default ice at wild wings

was there tuesday getting my camper opened up for the season.didnt see any ice at all.drove down as far as sandusky,still no ice however the lake did look like chocolate milk

Wrangler Guest

Hey thanks for the reports guys. I hope the water clears up some before the middle of next week. Fish are just a bonus but we are traveling about 13 hours so some fish would be a big bonus. We don't need to fill the freezers but a few big girls to fight and a few eaters for shore lunch with a cold Bud would be fun.
    Keep a tight line,
    Wrangler