Perch Perch Perch Perch
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

Any body have any good intel on where the good perchin is? Goin for a doubble header saturday>

waterdog Guest

Default Perch

I did good at Niagara, Friday June 5th, using minows in 29 fow. We caught about 29 good yellow perch and the bigest was 13 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    I did good at Niagara, Friday June 5th, using minows in 29 fow. We caught about 29 good yellow perch and the bigest was 13 inches.
    Thanks for the reply> Have you had any luck this week?

waterdog Guest

Default Sunday June 14th

Got 16 nice perch, 8-10 inch range, no real hogs, but nice none the least.
    Only fished about 2 hours just east of the green can at Niagara reef in 29 fow using spreaders with minows and no bling. Had a night crawler on one half of the spreader to see if the perch would like that but we had no takers!
    The bite was real light and I think those mayflies have even affected the perch fishing too!

5. Default Perchin

I had a good friend take their boat out of Lorain last Sunday perch fishing. Four of them caught 40 nice fish. When one of the guys handed his rod to the young girl to reel in, what he thought was a really big sheephead, she hauled in a 31" 10.5 lb Walleye. Not bad for a little perch spreader and a minnow. That just made their day. You just never know what's gonna happen out there, that's why we gotta get out there.

Walleye Fever Guest

Default Perch fishing off Wildwood

Went perchin 6/14/09 in 44fow off the 2 apt.bldgs.west of Wildwood. 2 of us got our limit of perch,but had to work hard. 60 perch got us 6 1/2 lbs of meat total. We fished from 8am to 3pm. We just stuck it out. There were very good walleye reports, we will try Tue. for some walleye. Good fishin.

Default perch 6-14

fished with spreaders/shiners 32 fow west/nw of west sister 4 miles. 10 nice perch over 9 inches, 3 over 11 inches, plus 1 22 inch walleye. Caught a lot of throwback perch too 20-30 6 inch or less.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch ~ Niagara Reef~ Sunday June 21

We got 30 nice perch in 29 fow just east of the green buoy at Niagara Reef.
    Only fished 2 hours, had some small ones that we threw back, but most were 8-10 inchers. We used spreaders and minows. There was a big hatch Saturday Night , Sunday morning, My boat was covered with those May Flies! Looked like downtown Port Clinton had a bug feastival!
    Last edited by waterdog; 06-21-2009 at 04:50 PM.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch & Walleye~Wednesday June 24

Anchored just east of the green buoy marker at Niagara reef in 30 fow. Used a spreader with minows and caught 12 perch 8-10 inch range, 10 throwbacks. Used a mayfly rig tiped with a night crawler and golden sinker. Caught two Walleye one was 20 in. and the other 22!
    No wind at all, fished in the am and there was alot of mayfly hatches in the water~ looked like bug soup
    Anyway, a good day on the lake!

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~@ Niagara Reef

Well, we did not do great today, caught 10 perch just east of the Green buoy at Niagara Reef in 29 fow. Using minows and spreaders. We got a late start, a boat just north of us seemed to be doing good they had 6 seagulls around them most of the time, you know thats a good sign.
    Anyway, I will try again at Niagara Reef, but I think I will start running more towards Kellys if It seems to stall out a Niagara Reef.