June fishing June fishing June fishing June fishing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June fishing

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

There are a lot of good radios out there.Uniden and Cobra are two that come to mind.They all come with weather channels and can be bought for a little over a hundred bucks.The most impotant thing is the antenna.I know an eight ft.model looks a little strange on a smaller boat BUT the higher the antenna the more range you will have to ask for help or just talk to other fishermen on the water.

tracker95 Guest

Talking

i own a 17ft tracker and watch the weather report if the winds say 5 to 10 mph im going fishing , 15 to 20 mph forget it Happy Fishing.

hartshornefishing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrazy View Post
    To erie rebel or Jiginitis69 what ship to shore radio would you recomend. I was in the market to buy a radio this is the last thing I need.
    Also I would like to explain my purchase of a bass tracker. I live about 7 hours from the western basin most of my local lakes are really shallow. Therefore I had to buy a bass boat (I only get to fish erie once ervery two years which sucks I usually take a charter but My friends are to cheap) If weather permits I'm shooting for North Bass

-----------Rest your shoulders for the big eyes.--------------
    I have been around a few marine radios and I would say the best radio out there is a Standard marine radio is the best bet for the money. Our group has had alot of problems with Uniden. Just for grins I will throw in something else, stay away from Carlise boat trailer tires. Our group has blown fourteen of them suckers in three years. Ithought I would pass that down also.

Default erie rebel radio

i have a hand held marina radio with about a 8" antanna will this pick up good or should we by a long one to hook up some how . thanks rebel

Thumbs up

Your boat is fine. There are many fish within 5 miles of shore that time of year and near almost any port or ramp. Know the limitations of your boat, listen to the weather and be carefull.

Spoontang

Default radios

can some tell if my radio that i told a bout in my last post will work

The only way to know how well your radio works is to use it and test it. There is a Coast Guard station near Sandusky. They can pick up most any radio transmission. I am not familiar with many hand held radios, but the specs they give you on range are in perfect conditions. Just do a self test on it. Most fishermen monitor 68.

Thumbs up radio

thanks spoontang we had it up on lake erie last year it was later afternoon and didnt hear any radio talk going on i dont know if we had it setup right or not we where out on the east end around close to the marina. this fun on here talking to fishing friends

Bald Beaver Guest

Have (respect/common sense) for Erie. I have been fishin her for 25 years and seen some realy dangerous situations. Fish will always be there. 2 miles out dont sound like much but with even 2-4' waves think about possibilities. BE SAFE fellow fishermen

Exclamation respect for lake erie

just in the past two years i have been out on the lake for first times and i have 100 % respect for her i have been up there in the fall for steelies and seen her go from glass smooth to a monster in mins so we have a wind speed that we go by and what the wave are forcasted to be thanks for remaiding use to be safe and you to and keep your boat right sideup