What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Several questions here. Searched but could not answer all my questions so any and all advice is appreciated.
    Have always drifted or jigged for walleye. Last Oct. I acquired a larger boat equipped with the ski-type planer boards, powered planer board reels mounted high on the half-tower (a good 10' above the water), and 22 rod holders (18 on tower and 4 on gunwales).
    Here are the questions. How wide will this set-up cover and how many rods can be fished at one time? I know you should match reels with counters etc. Do I need 8 or 18 reels. How would all of you outfit this set-up.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

SwampRats Guest

Default Boards

Well with a 2 rod limit per person say you got 5 people on the boat your looking at 10 lines out all together. You can do 4 lines each off the boards with 2 dipsey rods off the back. Sometimes with high waves its hard to manage 2 big boards so a lot of times I use one big board throw 3 - 4 lines on it then double up the dipseys 2 on each side for a total of 4, then on the non big board side you could do 2 inline (small) boards. There are a ton of options but you can never have too many rod holders or rods and reels. As far as how far the line goes out for the big board its more of a feel and how the board works. Too far out can give you slack in the line where it drags in the water, to close and you might not feel comfortable putting 4 lines out on one board. The most lines I usually have out is 10.