Easy pickens on the east side Easy pickens on the east side Easy pickens on the east side Easy pickens on the east side
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default for those that are struggling

took my limit of two tickets, all 20 incher plus, on 2oz guppies and worm harnesses with "GOLD" spinners and if you are a bead nut like me, clear pink and clear green beads seemed to be the favorite of choice, I lost probably the same amount that I caught in the two hrs out 1-3 in the afternoon, if I had a charter and ran my eight rod spread it would have been very very busy. I was fishing on a 20 ft reef and running those 20z guppies back 40ft with the 3ft harness snells. Caught only two sheephead for my hungry cats....lol no other junk. These fish still want to forage on anything resembling Mayflies.Havent been able to fish for 3 weeks, but notice how soft there mouths have become and light bites,

Default moved east a little bit

Left out of Mazurik's and got to our spot about 7:10 and within 2 minutes we had a triple going. Running fast again today around 2.9 and 55bk, we only did one long pass trolling NE and we had our 18 in the box by 8:30.
    Last edited by Prkr314; 08-05-2019 at 07:15 AM.

How far of a run would this NE of Kelly’s be from PIB state park launch. Any idea?

Well we come out of PIB state park so we got close to middle sister once but it was quite the haul for us. Kinda stuck in the middle either a long haul west or east. Never really headed east of Kelly’s.

According to Navionics it's about 16 miles east of the state park on South Bass

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

There are lots of walleye in the Lake. From South Bass Island State Park I doubt you really need to go as far as east of Kelleys Island. I'd either head N from the Park and fish the deep waters off North Bass Island's west shoal, scout and fish out there, or head around the North side of South Bass and head out NE of Middle Bass Island's long point out near the border, and scout / fish there. You are looking for clearer deeper water in the "travel lane" from the mouth of the Detroit river east to the Central Basin. These two areas are in that lane. You ought to be able to find at least decent to good numbers of walleye at these two places in August. Just because you aren't hearing reports from these areas doesn't mean there aren't walleye there. More likely that because of the distance from the mainland, few people are traveling that far. From Port Clinton east you can get to the east side of Kelleys in less time or the same. So that's were people go, because they heard the reports.