Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19 Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19 Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19 Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19

This morning, I went to Big Bopper's alone, because my crew of twin brothers Jacob and Caleb Sulcheki, were meeting me at Mazurik's at 5:30. The first time I fished with these two was back in 2016 when they were only 16 years old. Today, was the 3rd trip with them. They had to go with another charter last year, due to my schedule already being full when their annual visit to Lakeside takes place.

In the past, I have bass fished and perch fished with them. Today, we did walleye. I told them, "We'll be going that way for quite a while", and pointed east. They settled in and we took a comfortable ride out for approximately 16 miles ENE.

Hey, guess which program I ran today....lol Yep, the same one I have been running for the past two months now....if you missed it....
    Standard size 1 dipsies (w/rings) set on the zero and three settings. The zero setting was very productive at 35 back. The three setting was hitting on 49/55/and 65 back. There would probably be a lot more numbers, but those are the ones we chose and since they caught fish, we didn't bother to change them or try any others.

Silver spoons of all combos were working very well. (I would like to see more silver ones offered at our local bait shops as they all seem to be out of them or have a small inventory of color choices when they do have them). The Emerald Shiner is one of the lake's best food sources for the walleye, so it only makes sense that they would want to chase down a silver spoon that imitates an Emerald, eh?

Anyway...I digress....

Speed was....2.3-2.5mph. However, the waves were surging us as high at 3.0mph, at one point, and the fish still kept biting, soooo...they that proves they will chase it down and eat it, if they can.

We had a three man limit in the cooler and many fish let go in 45 minutes, so we just played catch and release until the boys had had enough. We were back in by 10am. They had a great time, and did a great job with the dipsies, and that made me happy.

Tomorrow's trip is with my crew from yesterday. They had to split up their two days, because the twins had already booked today ahead of them. I'll be picking Mike and Ben up at 4:30am and doing it all over again.

Tomorrow's weather looks even better than today, so I'm looking forward to it.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19-jacob-caleb-7_9_19a-jpg Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19-jacob-caleb-7_9_196b-jpg Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19-jacob-caleb-7_9_19d-jpg Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19-jacob-caleb-7_9_19e-jpg Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 7/9/19-jacob-caleb-7_9_19if-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Juls, First off, Thanks for all of your detailed reports!!! Interesting on the silver back spoons, 25 year ago or so, had to have silver backs to catch and Gold and then went to copper. Sadly I have disposed of most of my silver backs!! (Did try one last Friday, but it did not pan out after 20 minutes, but will try again this weekend, Crafty Walleye!)

I do not do Facebook either, and sent a customer your way less than 2 year ago from reading this blog. (You were busy and sent them to Capt. Kevin though.) So this blog brings business your way!

Tight Lines!

Dave

Juls,why don't you launch out of Huron,instead of making that long run east out of Mazuricks?I had a good laugh at that rant you made about your iphone not changing the time zone correctly the other day.And impressed you prioritized brushing your teeth when you had no time.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Juls,why don't you launch out of Huron,instead of making that long run east out of Mazuricks?I had a good laugh at that rant you made about your iphone not changing the time zone correctly the other day.And impressed you prioritized brushing your teeth when you had no time.
    When it's not that rough, it's not that long of a ride in a Ranger 621 with a 300 on it, and I can have half my limit done by the time it takes to drive to Huron and idle out that long river.

My tow vehicle is a 2001 Excursion with 317K miles on it. So, if I don't have to put the miles on her, I won't. I love that old beast and want it to last a few more years before it completely rusts out. lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Makes sense Juls.With that Ranger on a flat lake you can really make some time.Hope the walleye stay within reach of us the rest of the summer and not head too far east.

1st let me just say we love reading your threads. you don't always get a lot of comments but look at your views. your threads is a great service to us all.

Capt Juls sure helps me understand walleye trolling better, especially Dipsy divers!

Hey Capt Juls! Just wondering what pound test do you run off of the dipseys with the small spoons.

Most people use braid on dipsey divers.We use 30lb power pro braid on ours as do a lot of others.

Thanks for the info but what I meant to say is what pound test is the leader - from the dipsey to the spoon? Will the smaller spoons still have good action with say a 20lb flouro leader?