report report report report

Thread: report

Default report

well its hot fish are hungry mayflies are out a little late this year walleye been best a little deeper 12- 15 miles out from south shore between west and middle sister, war buoy, gravel pit is heating up fish are just about every where find some clean water with the weather report saying 1 ft or less 2 ft or less through Tuesday should clean up nice. casters seem to be using gold and or copper no 4 Colorado blades deep cut. and erie deries and gold nuggets gold and green, purple all seem to be being used more and more playing the swing seems to be working again. trollers seem to be using Michigan stinger scorpion spoons cant keep stock built up on purple deamon ordered 25 were out. Nascar is hot and sold out on monkey puke. bandits are always good blue and chrome and huff daddy hot seems to be most popular at least here at the shop most people targeting perch are having some limited success few nice perch being caught off metzgers pier no limits but seen 11 inch fish buckets of 25 they were catching on goldies we have shiners and goldies just had delivery last night of shiners we should be good for weekend lots of worms from hundred count buckets to 1 dozen night crawlers. green worms, red worms,wax worms, leeches,crayfish. looks like a great weekend and 4th weekend lets go fishing

Thanks for the report.
    I have never fished the gravel pit. Not real sure where that is?
    Kent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
    Thanks for the report.
    I have never fished the gravel pit. Not real sure where that is?
    Kent
    3 miles north of water intake out of Anchor point marina.

Thanks walleyeaddict,,
    I spose that be the Toledo water intake?

Yes that's correct

our tanks are full of shiners and we have goldies not mixed in separate tanks our guy got 25 gallons last night these are on the big side goldies are small some people want nothing but shiners some guys want goldies guys like goldies off of the pier perch being caught off intake and green and white buoy off channel looks like we will have emerald shiners for a while coming out of lake Erie calm weather and no full moon makes it easier and the little walleye are chasing them away there was a big hatch of emerald shiners went through the small ones went back but pinheads may be in the future. eyes still being caught the future looks good lots of small fish being caught. weather looks good but hot and calm go early beat the heat we open at 530- 6 am good luck

i went perching today only had goldies 4 guys moving around searching tried old waypoints that have been good the last 3 years or so 18 ft of water out front of wards gave it an hour 3 fish made a move out about a mile north 3 fish move to a mile north of intake picked up a few fished 2 hours there ended day with 25 fish 8 pounds most popular was a plain spreader no bling caught 20 of the 25 5 hours fishing left dock at 7 back around 12.30 lots of algae got 2 bags for freezer need more hope it gets better we have only goldies at shop emerald shinners on the lake are small should be big enough to keep in 2-3 weeks hope fully the perch pick up soon

I have seen more perch in Walleyes bellies than I have caught on a line this year.