Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Monclova, OH
    Posts
    122

    Default What size dipsy divers to buy

    I was going to get some dipsy divers, but I saw the different sizes and not sure what I should get. Do they come with the rings or are those an option I should have?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

  2. #2

    Default

    #1 dipsyís work well for me. I have #0ís as well but it takes a lot of line to get them down


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    nroyalton
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Get the #1 size.I roughen the surface to glue the ring to the dipsey with super glue.Ring sometimes comes loose.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I prefer the Dreamweaver Deep Diver 107MM no ring to mess with and comes with qaulity swivels.

    Check them out https://www.tacklehaven.com/dreamwea...se-your-color/

    Good luck,
    Fish Tales

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    I prefer the Dreamweaver Deep Diver 107MM no ring to mess with and comes with qaulity swivels.

    Check them out https://www.tacklehaven.com/dreamwea...se-your-color/

    Good luck,
    Fish Tales
    the dreamweaver deeper diver at fishusa.com is much better than the dipsy. works the same but is the same size as the dipsy with a ring. no rings needed on the deeper divers.

    but I went a step farther and got the lite bite slide diver and use it like a regular diver. I use a piece of heave line about 15" long that I tie to an O-RING then lace it through the back going through the lite bite arm then tie on my snubber and attach a 6' or 7' 20# fluro leader then the lure. set the lite bite loose so small fish can trip the diver.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    the dreamweaver deeper diver at fishusa.com is much better than the dipsy. works the same but is the same size as the dipsy with a ring. no rings needed on the deeper divers.

    but I went a step farther and got the lite bite slide diver and use it like a regular diver. I use a piece of heave line about 15" long that I tie to an O-RING then lace it through the back going through the lite bite arm then tie on my snubber and attach a 6' or 7' 20# fluro leader then the lure. set the lite bite loose so small fish can trip the diver.
    Do the Lite Bite Slide divers have an adjustable weight like a dipsy so that you can run multiple per side?

  7. #7

    Default

    I've never used dipseys. Why do you guys use them over planer birds or Tru trip divers? Thanks

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddie View Post
    Do the Lite Bite Slide divers have an adjustable weight like a dipsy so that you can run multiple per side?
    yes the lite bite diver works just like a dipsy but has the adjustment to the lure to release on small fish. I have mine set loose enough that it releases on most white perch while walleye fishing on erie. they also have a kit with a 7 oz weight for getting deep. I run 3 rods per side on erie with the standard weight and small ring, but they do come with large and small ring. and i've been using them for a few yrs now and not one ring has come off.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    I've never used dipseys. Why do you guys use them over planer birds or Tru trip divers? Thanks
    Dipseys work great because if you want to troll spoons out away from the boat, you can do that with a dipsey, instead of a tru-trip/jet behind an inline planer board.

    Dipsey leads are usually shorter. They are faster to set, faster to check, etc. You can run them as deep as you want, and even pull small billed crank baits behind them but still get them down to 40'. Etc

    They are not the be all end all, but just another great tool in the tackle box.

    Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    yes the lite bite diver works just like a dipsy but has the adjustment to the lure to release on small fish. I have mine set loose enough that it releases on most white perch while walleye fishing on erie. they also have a kit with a 7 oz weight for getting deep. I run 3 rods per side on erie with the standard weight and small ring, but they do come with large and small ring. and i've been using them for a few yrs now and not one ring has come off.
    Thanks for the update. I need to buy some dipsys and I'm wondering about spending the extra few bucks for these - based on your referral. I have a hard time picturing the setup you've explained, but might have you send me a picture sometime.

  10. #10

    Default

    Can you troll harnesses behind dipseys? How about Bandits?


    Quote Originally Posted by freddie View Post
    Dipseys work great because if you want to troll spoons out away from the boat, you can do that with a dipsey, instead of a tru-trip/jet behind an inline planer board.

    Dipsey leads are usually shorter. They are faster to set, faster to check, etc. You can run them as deep as you want, and even pull small billed crank baits behind them but still get them down to 40'. Etc

    They are not the be all end all, but just another great tool in the tackle box.


    Thanks for the update. I need to buy some dipsys and I'm wondering about spending the extra few bucks for these - based on your referral. I have a hard time picturing the setup you've explained, but might have you send me a picture sometime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •